View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The time machine
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:31 am 
Penguin

Is the time machine worth the money? I work at a restaurant and want to entertain my guests. How easy is it and can they only pick one time or can you set the watch to anytime the guest says? let me know what you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:29 am 
Penguin

They can choose any time they want, and your watch will be set to it.

There are two downfalls in the trick as far as I'm concerned:

1) The watch isn't really examinable
2) It can take up to a minute for the effect to take effect (for want of a better sentence ;) )

It's a great effect, but you have to have your patter absolutely 100%

Post subject: time
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:56 am 
born to perform.

it is crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:50 pm 
Penguin

Another problem that might occur is if people are watching from bihind you and can see the face of the watch. I had this happen once when someone walked behind me at a party and I didn't realize he was there. You want to make certain that the watch face is not visible by anyone other than yourself.

Post subject: Re: The time machine
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:10 pm 
Team Penguin

dregenfuss wrote:
Is the time machine worth the money? I work at a restaurant and want to entertain my guests. How easy is it and can they only pick one time or can you set the watch to anytime the guest says? let me know what you think

I've been wearing my Original Time Machine since the moment I got it and I haven't taken it off since. It's *extremely* powerful if presented properly, and I only close with it. Whatever time the spectator thinks of, that's what time the watch reads when you turn it around.

It's so nice to never have to remember to bring a magic trick with me when I go out. The watch is stylish and tells time like a normal watch.

I'd highly recommend it.

Acar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:04 am 
born to perform.

Does any one know if Penguin are still selling those gold time machine watches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

J78 wrote:

You mean this one? http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=692

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:28 pm 
born to perform.

jamberry wrote:
J78 wrote:

You mean this one? http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=692

yeah thats the one thanks :)

oh before i spend 199$ can any one tell me if its any diffrent between this one and the silver one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

um, i dont really know, i only have the gold one. i wish i knew. someone please post that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:50 pm 
Penguin

Here's a question. Right after you 'predict' the spectator's time, can you then lay the watch on a table, and let the spectator pick the watch up seeing if it matches their time? In other words, can you not touch the watch once you make your prediction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:20 am 
Penguin

XtremematriX wrote:
Here's a question. Right after you 'predict' the spectator's time, can you then lay the watch on a table, and let the spectator pick the watch up seeing if it matches their time? In other words, can you not touch the watch once you make your prediction?

Here's a scenario:

Your watch is set to 11.32. You set your watch hands to a predicted time. You then hold the watch by it's strap, to demonstrate you are not playing with the dial to alter the time. A spectator tells you their predicted time (eg 2.41). You say "ok, so out of all the possible hours and minutes in the day, and all the possible combinations, you chose 2.41. There was no way that I could have known this in advance and as you can see, I'm not even touching this dial to change the time now." Youthen turn the watch around to face the spectator, and it displays their time, absolutely perfectly accurate to the minute :)

You can lay it on the table if you wish, although to let the watch be in the hands of a spectator for any length of time is risky in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:02 am 
Penguin

Reason I asked: I thought it'd be a more powerful effect if I didn't touch the watch after I predicted the time. I might allow them to turn the watch over, themselves, but I won't let'm inspect it. (I'm too possesive of my tricks :lol:) Thanks for answering though, it is appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:31 am 
Penguin

XtremematriX wrote:
Reason I asked: I thought it'd be a more powerful effect if I didn't touch the watch after I predicted the time. I might allow them to turn the watch over, themselves, but I won't let'm inspect it. (I'm too possesive of my tricks :lol:) Thanks for answering though, it is appreciated!
Might be a little tricky... you absolutely HAVE to handle the watch yourself until the revelation... it's a tough one to explain. Good effect, but too much of a one trick pony in my opinion, but it does get some AMAZING reactions, and the best thing is you can wear it all day every day and no one suspects anything ;) Ready to whip out and perform!

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:36 am 
born to perform.

Very expensive item though.......too bad one cant see the reactions from the spec first::)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:43 am 
Penguin

Like many, I wear my watch day in day out. It's a normal watch, it tells the time. This means you always have an waesome trick with you where ever you are. You will never be caught off-guard. I lay the watch on the table with the face towads me. The strap is curled round so the watch sits up. I get the spectator to name the time and then to draw a picture of a watch set to the time the have called. When they've finished I place the watch face down beside their picture. When they turn the watch over it matches their picture. The two watches side by side has a great visual impact. Plus the spectator has a momento of the trick (the picture they drew) Also the fact that they turned the watch over, they generally remember the watch as being there all the time, which is a great psychological trick on the mind. I like it and would recommend it.