View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cool routine?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:57 am 
Penguin

This routine came to me in a dream last night (yeah right). Hey, that rhymed: routine and dream, night and right. :D Anyway, U need a silk in a TT and matching color spongeball, a pen, a SMALL notepad, 2 coins, a ring, Pinnacle (or any ring and string routine), rubberbands (for Pinnacle) <-I wear then on my wrist, and a purse frame. Here it goes:

1. you say you are conducting a random survey and take out the purse frame, while asking "can u tell me what this is?" When they do, reach into your pocket and take out the notepad and the TT (with silk) in one hand, and the pen in the other. pretend to add a tally.
2. lay down the pad and say "watch this". reach into the purse and pull out the silk (see another post on here for how to do this). Then, as your putting the purse away, take out the sponge (palmed).
3. show the silk front a back (handing it out takes too long, besides, it's see-thru) then pull the sponge from the silk. I do this my spinning the silk while rolling the sponge out of the palm so it's at the tips of my fingers. As you put the silk away, take out a quarter (again, palmed).
4. I'd do a modified Sylvester pitch, this makes them think one hand is still empty. Squeeze the sponge to show there's nothing in it, then pull the quarter out of the sponge.<--this takes practice to look very good.
5. put the sponge away. Do a French Drop (or retintion vanish if u MUST), put the "coin" away deep in your pocket, and show it's jumped back to the other hand. While your hand's in your pocket take the second quarter. Say "we'll try that again". Do a Sylvester pitch and put the quarter away. It comes back again. Grab the ring while your hand's in your pocket.
6. Say, "The hardest part is not hitting your watch when you throw the coin across, because if you do you get a little ring" tap your watch with the coin while your saying this. Do another sylvester pitch. Say, "Did you here it?" put the coin away. "Did you hear the ring?" Reveal the ring in your hand.
7. Do a shortened Pennicle routine (me) or if you like you can do a ring and string routine.

This routine is not as long as it seems, It actually moves by pretty fast. Tell me what y'all think *cough* B_magic *cough*. Feel free to use this if you like it anyone. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:31 pm 
born to perform.

very nice, I like the flow of it, and it 'makes sense'.

the only thing in your routine that I am not 100% on is the Pinnacle, but working on that one.

thanks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:04 pm 
Penguin

Well, like I said, u can use any ring and string routine, but I just like Penicle because the rubberbands are easy to carry on your wrist as a opposed to a big string. just me though. If any of you try it please tell me how well it works for you or doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:15 pm 
Penguin

No one else gonna say anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:50 pm 

Uh...not my style, but from what I read and understood sounds like it could work.

I think that's a lot of props to have though. Too many props is never a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:56 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
I dont really care for it. If i was a spectator i might just be confused with all the different props that keep coming into play.