View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for some kids routines
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:22 pm 
Penguin

Hey everybody,
I am new to this forum, I have been doing magic for a little while but I have just discovered Penguin, what a site. I was wondering if some of you would be willing to post a routine for a kids show.
thanks Kyle

Post subject: Re: Looking for some kids routines
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:31 am 

kyleotto wrote:
Hey everybody,
I am new to this forum, I have been doing magic for a little while but I have just discovered Penguin, what a site. I was wondering if some of you would be willing to post a routine for a kids show.
thanks Kyle

Get a hold of David Ginn's "Kidshow Biz" tapes. If Penguin doesn't have them google "David Ginn" and go to a Ginn seminar it will teach you everything about kids shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:34 pm 
Penguin

If you're looking for great kids stuff for walk around I would definitely recommend...

Spotty
Chinese Sticks
Sponge Balls
Silk Vanish (TT method) I then ask the kids where the silk went. They usually say in my pocket or sleeve. I then say "wait a minute, it's not up my sleeve it's up yours." I then pull it out of their sleeve. This usually gets a huge laugh from both the parents and the children.
Greg Wilson's Dishonest Abe

Also I learned very quickly not to underestimate how smart the kids are. I originally stayed away from card tricks, but I've found that if you make it easy to follow and keep it moving at the right pace kids love card tricks.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Post subject: MAgic Items for Kids Routines!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:43 am 
Penguin

1. Nesting Wands
2. Toppsy Popsy Wand
2. Break Away Wand
3. Professor Cheers Comedy Rope Routine
4. Egg Bag

These are just a few.

for more go to http://www.penguinmagic.comand look under kids magic!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:53 pm 
born to perform.

I've shown colour monte to kids as young as 8 yrs old and they enjoyed it, I just went through every step slowly. Ambitious cards is also a good trick for kids. There's a coin (gimmicked but examinable at the end) effect called Alchemist's fantasy which is also very good and kids enjoy it too. Rope tricks also go down well.
I'm a teacher for 7-8 and 11-12 yr olds and all of the above are tricks that I've shown my classes and have been received well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:05 pm 

I saw Chris Capehart do hippity-hop bunnies (or whatever it's called) at a stage show running in conjunction with a magician's convention, with about 6 other performers on the ticket. He called all of the small children in the audience up onstage (it was mostly an adult audience, probably 600 or more people in attendance).

It was very entertaining for all concerned. The kids onstage enjoyed it, and he kept up a funny patter about the white and black rabbits ... he's a black, middle-aged guy, and he'd make cracks about, say, how life was unfair for the black rabbit or how the black rabbit was scared to be surrounded by so many white kids or some such (I forget his exact words, but his patter was really great ... ).

It was over the heads of the kids, of course, but it kept the adult audience in stitches. The trick really played on 2 different levels.