View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How should I approach a restaurant?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:12 pm 
Penguin

So I have been doing magic for a while now and I would like to think I am good at what I do. I live in a small town in Canada and I know for a fact that no restaurant here has EVER hired a magician. (I dont think one has ever applied) but my question is what kind of restaurant should I approach and how should I go about doing this? THis will probably be the first time they have ever been approached in this manner so how should I pitch the idea to them? Anything will help thanks in advance!

Post subject: Hmm
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:39 pm 
Penguin

Thats a good question. I say just tell them your story and mabey give a small demo. I suggest going to a bar rather then an Olive Garden...I never had to applie though so i say that you improvise. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:42 pm 
born to perform.

Make sure to let them know that you would be good for them sell yourself don't sell yourself short... Be confident convince them they need you more than you need them cause if you come off needy buh-bye....Any restaurant that is known for fun and good times will work great for you...
Good luck.....

Post subject: Thanks for the help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:11 pm 
Penguin

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. I am going to head out on monday and see if I can land an offical magician job :)
I'll keep you all posted and let you know.
Thank again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:15 pm 
Penguin

Some real world advice.... You need a selling point. Go and eat at the restaurant you want to apply to a few times. See how things run. If there's absolutely no lag in the time that you order and the time that the food comes out, you're going to have a hard time selling that manager that you can help the restaurant. In essence, you're selling them something they do not need. All you're doing is slowing down the turning of the tables.
After you've eaten at the restaurant a few times and seen that you can actually have a few minutes to do some magic in that time between the ordering and delivering of the food, you have some selling point. My approach has been in the past, "I've eaten here a few times and have seen that it took 15 minutes for the salads to come out. Now here's what I can do for you.... I can make that time feel like nothing, and bring back return customers and give them a memorable evening."
Always come ready to perform your best material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:38 pm 
Penguin

"I've eaten here a few times and have seen that it took 15 minutes for the salads to come out. Now here's what I can do for you.... "

Great advice. I'm thinking about working at a local chiles sooner or later. I'm definetely gonna use that line (if that's ok(?) Thanks a lot.