View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:35 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Routines dont have to flow because you cant gaurantee you will go into a another trick. The only thing you DONT want to be doing is saying "and know for my next trick!" They dont have to be full length routines. It is nice to have the option though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:42 pm 
born to perform.

i agree... most of my routines tend to be impromptu, i just think of what i can do next considerin the situation im already in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:48 am 
Penguin

well guys, lots of posts from my last post :)
some of u like the cups and balls and some of u don't (for restaurant walkarounds). how about bringing a pad with u? then people would make room for ur cups and balls routine and ur'e ready to go. also, when u do walkaround, then u go to each table befor the food is served, so theres no food or anything on the table, so u have room for ur cups.

now, about what i said about coins, i don't really want to get coin tricks. only because of 1 reason, i live in Israel, so i got diffrent coins here... i'm afraid of getting tricks that involve a certin coin (not talking about gimmiks), i'm talking about like when u must have a dime or a penny, or half dollar or somethin like that... and i don't like money tricks, coz if i know like Buck Naked from the AOA books (1st trick in book 1), it doesn't help me, coz it's a dollar chainging trick... i would highly prefer doing a diffrent kind of trick. how about this routine then:

Ambitious Card
Vaneshing Handkerchief
Cups and Balls/Sponge Balls (tell me which one u prefer)

oh and paddy, if u want me to make a new thread for this just tell me and i will
thank u all 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:54 pm 
born to perform.

yeah that sounds good but u can make a routine with any tricks, the point of the routine is combining those tricks togeather by a theme of some sort.

so as long as u have a theme ure good to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:03 pm 
Penguin

sorry, just a comment.
What do you mean by a theme? that's kind of hard to do for a 5 minute set, mabye you meant flow....that's what I have been working on lately a lot, one great idea is after my misers dream, I reach down to my shoe take it off, and drop off a final coin, then use Jeir Leirpoll's coke from shoe {from Pocket Power} to produce a deck of cards from the empty shoe... a 'logical' beginning to a card effect without just pulling out your deck.

Moes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:50 pm 
born to perform.

i kind of meant to of said it a bit differantly.
what i mean was u can just be and my next trick is this and that, the whole set has to flow togeather

and by theme i meant like a gambling theme etc etc.

basicly u need a way to put the tricks togeather and not just say ok this ones my fave card trick ull love it

its got to be smooth
8)