View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Quick Experience
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:41 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys, I was just out w/ my friend for his 17th birthday. We ate at Texas Steakhouse and when we had to pay. I said that I only had $5.... :oops: then with a magical spin they were 20s and I was able to pay for my dinner. Then I asked if she wanted to see some more and she called over another waitress I showed them 2 card monte and Here then there. They said "I freaked them out" I did my tricks loosely and allowed some interaction between the spectators, my friends, and myself. At the end, I asked if it would be possible to work at the Texas Steakhouse, she said it wouldn't be likely as it is a big chain & I need to go to a private owned restaurant, not such a big chain. That was a big let down. :oops: But at least I impressed someone and myself that night. Another idea was to load a card into the credit card tab thing and as she walks away with it, do another trick.
Any comments? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

Hey, you never know. That could be planting seeds for later on. For instance: maybe one of the workers will mention you to the manager, he will consider the pluses for having a house magician... and next time... :)

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:43 pm 
Penguin

I've never worked in a restaurant (as a magician), but I have seen magicians working in national chains! Go back and perform for the manager, during a slow period, and see what he or she says!
- Brian

Post subject: Re: A Quick Experience
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:10 am 

flip2005 wrote:
... At the end, I asked if it would be possible to work at the Texas Steakhouse, she said it wouldn't be likely as it is a big chain & I need to go to a private owned restaurant, not such a big chain. That was a big let down. :oops: ...Any comments? :twisted:

Yes. You talked to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. I work as a magi at a Texas Steakhouse, along with the 6 other restaurants I'm at. So they do use magicians. In fact I even brought in a friend of mine to work another night at the same restaurant. He has a different act than I do, also once a week is enough for the same place, twice a week and you become boring to the customers and staff.

One: you were trying to pick up the waitress, or she saw it that way. Two: A server has no authority over who gets hired and a manager can only talk to the decision maker about you. Therefore you're wasting time talking to them. Talk to the GENERAL ANAGER or the OWNER next time and you may have a job.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:04 am 
born to perform.

i dont work in a resteraunt, but i do know that if you want something done right, go to the right person, which in this case would be the manager or owner. if you want to get a job, dont let the workers there discourage you, dont be upset about nothing, because that is all it is until you know the truth.

Good luck and keep working, you will eventually have people begging you to work at their resteraunt.