View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Getting in a good word
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:54 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
I went to a lecture a little while ago about restaurant jobs. I picked about a cool little thing about tips. A good way to push up your flat rate is through your tips. No not giving them about but going about it differently. First of all if you think that all the people that work at your retaurant love you because you show them tricks your wrong. Why? You go to a table for five minutes show them a few tricks and get a 50 dollar tip. A waitor works his [edited] off for an hour and gets a small percent. So what do you do with your tip. "These people left this i think its for you" Do they think that the people really left it for you? No, but they think your a really nice guy because your agknoledging that they have been working hard and deserve it. So they put in a good word for you. Have i done this? No. I know I hate giving advice when i havnt done it personally but ive had a few friends do this and jack up there rate 25 bucks to the hour by giving up a few tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:46 am 
born to perform.

^something to consider... hmm... no comment right now tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:55 am 
Penguin

Actually, whoever lectured there was right on point. By doing this you can even get the waiter's in on certain tricks, they can help you set up, they appreciate and respect you more and they like you a lot more.

p.s.
Where the heck do you perform, that you're getting 50 dollar tips???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:02 pm 
Penguin

lol, i think he was kidding about the 50$ tip, he was only showing an example.
i think ur "theory" would work great!!! it's an awsome idea, that way everyone would love you. maybe even the manager would give u a raise just coz u up to moral of the waiters.
lets say u get a 5$ tip at a table, give about 1$ the the waiter that was waitering that table, i think 20-30% would work out great...
if i'll do RW i'll ddefintly do ur idea, sounds awsome, even if u havn't tried it yet.

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:08 pm 
born to perform.

ya, if he was gettin $50 tips, i might have to rid of my morals and pocket that, because a $20 per hour raise just wouldnt cover it lol...

really tho, i dont think u should surrender all of ur tips, like tomer said, but perhaps a percentage of them(maybe a larger percentage than tomer suggested)... because u earned the tips, and to surrender them all doesnt seem like the best choice... i guess i'll figure out a way to do this when i get a job...

Pace's book is on the way!!!