View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: # of tricks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:23 pm 
born to perform.

how many tricks should you sjow the manager. You dont want to annoy him by showing him magic when hes busy . So How many and any recomendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:25 pm 
born to perform.

i cant tell u exactly how many, just make sure its a strong routine that flows well... o ya, and visit the restaurant between 2-4, thats usually when a manager isnt busy and they r takin applicants...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:10 pm 
Penguin

Go with the flow. I would do a couple of short strong tricks and look at the managers reaction. Psychologically he'll probably decide within the first 30 seconds, make it happen. Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:05 pm 
born to perform.

Never limit the number of tricks. Give him just enough to amaze him/her and end it. You don't want to bore him/her....leave them on a mysterious and amazed note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:11 pm 
born to perform.

thanks, would you suggest any Sankey Magic for a restaurant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

sk8board wrote:
thanks, would you suggest any Sankey Magic for a restaurant?

deffinetly the Bigger Finish which is great for restauraunts because its in the hands magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:30 am 
born to perform.

Paperclipped is a great trick for a walkaround...a one time set-up can give you hundreds of performances on the spot...The move in the routine is a little difficult but is definately reachable for an intermediate magi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

cool, would you suggest Jerry and Banacheks silverware bending, I know you would have to make sure they want you to do it, but is there good reactions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:47 pm 
born to perform.

I don't know if you should bend the silverware. It may make him think that you are destructive to restaraunt property. But do whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:05 pm 

sk8board wrote:
cool, would you suggest Jerry and Banacheks silverware bending, I know you would have to make sure they want you to do it, but is there good reactions

If you use this as your audition performance I gaurantee the manager will be positively amazed. He or she will then throw your [edited] out for destroying restaurant property. Not a good effect to use to get a job to destructive to property as far as the managers are concerned.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:52 pm 
born to perform.

well duh, but how about if I like do it with my own fork to the manager, and then if he wants me to do it like once a week with his own things. Or just use my own fork everynight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:01 am 
born to perform.

sk8board wrote:
well duh, but how about if I like do it with my own fork to the manager

Well duh......He's going to think that somethings up with the fork if you have to bring your own.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

Perhaps the fact that you don't know what to do means that you aren't ready. From reading your other posts about what tricks to do in the restaurant, I can tell that you don't know what you are talking about at all. I've never seen a restaurant worker carry a table around while performing just so he could do the "Matrix". You don't get the situation to adapt to you, you adapt to the situation. For the manager, I've heard that "Twisted Sisters" is very good if you want a quick trick to perform to get a good first impression.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:36 pm 
born to perform.

Ok first I have more experience then you do probably. I have taught other magicians, I have fooled many, and I do magic performances everyday. AND IM STILL FRESH!!!!! and duh I'm not going to CARRY a table around. It has wheels. You know like a podeam. Its as tall as the waist and wide as a close up pad. I ask all of the questions so the people who have jobs already can give me some pointers. I've never had a restaurant job so I ask questions so I can find out. :? God some people are stupid. and Adammcd :arrow: You dont own That video most likely because then you will know If you do it right then there should be no suspisions that it is gimmicked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:09 pm 
born to perform.

First off, CONGRADULATIONS, you've taught other magicians stuff, who hasen't? You've fooled (not amazed) many laymen, OMG I don't think anyones ever done that! You have, probrably, more experience than me. Yup, I'm sure your family has provided you with all the real world experience you need. (sarcasm over) How old are you anyway?

Second, if you're using your own fork the layman will think it's weird, no matter how well you do it. Laymen do not think that way. They think, "It's definatly a funny fork" because they never challenge their own assumptions .

Thirdly, even if it's on wheels, it's ALOT better to just learn stuff that doesn't require it. Because many a time will you need to perform without a table, and you will fail to deliver if you don't know stand up, in the hands stuff. Don't criticize people who are just trying to help you.