View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:35 am 
Penguin

freiburgflyer wrote:
just go up to a table and ask
"who wants to see my balls?"

and then pull out some sponge balls and start the routine. you could even ask if anyone there would like to hold your balls.

ok...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:35 am 

Magicmainic wrote:
freiburgflyer wrote:

and then pull out some sponge balls and start the routine. you could even ask if anyone there would like to hold your balls.

ok...

Remember, doing anything that freiburgflyer suggests can have the result of having your butt fired and thrown out instantly, if not sooner.

In the U.S. this would be cosidered sexual harrassment and if the customer complained to a server you would be history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:17 am 
Penguin

Bill Malone talks about this on one of his DVDs. I saw JoeKing used one of them (Could you keep it down? I'm doing a trick). Bill says, and I agree, that the crazy approaches are better. My favorite one to do is to come up on a table and act kind of winded and say "Hi guys. I tried to call the house but you already left. Let's get on with this." I think works well on people. It's funny and it just seems it goes over well.

Go up to the tables with energy and have a good time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:05 pm 
Penguin

I like to plant a hankerchief or something on the table, attached to an electric IT reel. Walk away, then ask them to hand it to me....as they reach for it say "never mind".....and activate the reel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:36 am 
Penguin

http://www.ellusionist.com/forum/showth ... adid=13237

Here is a topic on this, Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:55 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
paddy wrote:
Remember, doing anything that freiburgflyer suggests can have the result of having your butt fired and thrown out instantly, if not sooner.

In the U.S. this would be cosidered sexual harrassment and if the customer complained to a server you would be history.

If you want to get your butt fired and thrown out instantly, if not sooner, buy a toy submarine and put it in your pants pockets. Then go up to a table, put your hand in your pocket, and say "I have something long, hard, and full of sea men in my hand." then pull out the submarine. Now make it disappear.

The comment about "balls" was too ambigious. Some people might not see the sexual content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:37 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
If you want to get your butt fired and thrown out instantly, if not sooner, buy a toy submarine and put it in your pants pockets. Then go up to a table, put your hand in your pocket, and say "I have something long, hard, and full of sea men in my hand." then pull out the submarine. Now make it disappear.

ROFLMAO!!!
god, that was funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

bravesaint wrote an essay on this topic in the general magic disscusion forum. run a search for it, maybe it will help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:58 am 
born to perform.

freiburgflyer wrote:

Just choose who you say this to carefully. For some people you'll get laughs, other people may be likely to try to punch you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:03 pm 
born to perform.

Different people use different approaches. Asking a table "Would you like to see some magic?" can get you a no, so it's better to not ask. Many just go up and introduce themselves as the house magician, and that the management has asked to make sure everyone is having a good time, etc, whatever fits your personality. I know some people use the color-changing knives "Anyone here lose a white knife? How about a red one?" and then go into their routine from there. Also, choose your tables wisely. Don't go to people who are in the middle of eating, or seem to be having an important discussion. While people are waiting for their food to be delivered is usually the best time to approach, or if they are just having dessert or coffee. Also, after you have performed at a table or two, other tables may just beckon you over to perform for them. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:04 pm 
Penguin

freiburgflyer wrote:

Ur sick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:08 pm 

I just walk up to them and ask hpw their evening is going, or meal or whatever and then i introduce myself as the restaurant magician and ask if they would like to see some magic. The answer 98% of the time is Yes.