View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:32 pm 
born to perform.

Get BTP Dvd NOW!

Great routines. My favorite Ultimate Transpo, followed by Ambitous Card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:38 am 
Penguin

well, i just read all the posts people puted up here, and almost all r true. if u already know many basic card sleights, i would recommend getting On the Loose with Bill Malone, in he's dvd's he performs full routines and in the end of each routine he explains all the tricks. i think u would love watching him and would learn a lot from he's performence which was why he became famous.
BUT if u don't know many basic sleights (DL, classic pass, glide, etc.) then u should get Born to Perform with Oz, i don't have it, but it was out in penguin only after i became intermidiate. i saw what i get in it, and i already know all the sleights/routines, so i don't have a reason to get it...
anyway, about the routine u should, it should be done like this:

Card Trick
Coin Trick
Something else

the order doesn't matter, but usally a routine would be like this. u want to show that u have varaiety, and for the "something else" is where u should put the gimmicked trick, if u REALLY have to put one or if it's a great effect.
also, u don't want to move right away from trick to trick, u should give it a little patter... i mean, u need also the tricks to make sense if u do them right after the other. for example-if u start with "the ambitious card" then u should take 4 coins after the trick and perfom a "coins across" trick. actually, coins across can come after any card trick. i have a routine that's built like this:

i start my routine with the Ultimate 3 card monte. it's a gimmick, but people don't suspect a thing. i also do this a lot by first doing the REAL 3 card monte, and then go to this one coz i want them to see what i do slower.
3 Shell game-i explain that cards is easy, coz their small and that i can hide them in my hand, so i go to this amazing and funny routine with the 3 shell game. people just love the end of the routine.
after that i explain that i could have earned like 20$ if i was betting with them for money, so i ask a spectator for 20$... then i do Bill in Lemon from On the Loose (i can't recommend this enough) and i finish my routine with that...
this routine got me a lot of respect and people just love it!!! i usally do the first 2 spectators, i use Bill Malone's opinion on how to perform the 3 card monte routine.

i hope this helps u a bit on moving forward, good luck!!!

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:26 pm 
Penguin

I appreciate all the feedback given. My interview is tomorrow, so wish me luck. I'll let you guys know how I did. Again, thanks! :D

Shane--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

Good luck. Hope things work out.