View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cardtoon 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:19 am 
Penguin

Just went to my local magic store and bought a few things. One item I picked up was Cardtoon 2. Does anyone use this in a restaurant? Seems like a great trick for all ages. I showed it to my kids and wife and they all loved it. I showed it to a guy at work and he couldn't believe it. Do any of you use it in your restaurant and if so is it part of your routine or do you just keep it in a pocket for a table with kids (although it will certainly entertain the whole table). I tend to think the latter...any feedback would be welcomed.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:31 am 
Penguin

its ok i guess buts its very easy to find out the secret i have it and yea i really like it but i say this i do not use it often!.........its a thing i take sometimes to the restraunt but not often i prefer twited sisters and club sandwich! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:46 pm 
Penguin

one of the things that i hear about this trick is that you can only do it for 1 or 2 people ... so i would only recomend this one when your doing magic 1 on 1 ... Also , it doesnt have that WOW feeling that other tricks have .. i think people when they see this they think more , (ah .... cute) ... The idea is good , but i would use it more as a gag then a real trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

drakebauer wrote:
one of the things that i hear about this trick is that you can only do it for 1 or 2 people ... so i would only recomend this one when your doing magic 1 on 1 ... Also , it doesnt have that WOW feeling that other tricks have .. i think people when they see this they think more , (ah .... cute) ... The idea is good , but i would use it more as a gag then a real trick

Have you ever seen this effect performed? I didn't think it was gaglike at all....I can understand impractical but a gag? I don't know....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:43 am 
Penguin

it is gag like yea.........erm.....well i own it i should know.....bloody annoying at times as people can figure it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

I used it once. They loved it but then they asked me to do it again. I could've reseted it, but that is the hardest part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:39 am 
Penguin

When they say you can perform it for 1 or 2 people I don't know what they are talking about. I have performed it with 6 or 7 and they all enjoyed it.

As far as it being a gag, it is and it isn't. If your other magic is solid and baffles them, this is a nice peice to slip in to relax their minds and get them to not stare so hard to figure the other tricks out. I usually do this one after I have stumped them with Emerge Triumphant, Twisted sisters, Revolver, Transp Oz Ition, and Reset. I feel if I keep hitting them over the head with drop dead effects, some times they can get too tense.

Lastly, this peice is all about the patter. If you can be funny, they love it. Is it practical for restaurant walk around? I don't know, but it works at the private parties that I do as a walk around.

K Salaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:27 pm 
Penguin

i guess that ill have to buy it and perform the trick to really apreciate the effect ... cause it doesnt impress me one bit ... maybe ill get FART-TOON haha now thats funny .. haha (kidding)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:12 pm 
Penguin

problem is that they know anyone can do it, and thats it's a gimmik and a self-working trick, so it would never get a HUGE reaction like other tricks... i think that if u do use a gimmik, u should use one which looks normal. like invisible deck, ultimate 3 card monte, etc... all those can be good for the restaurant act.
another problem is that not everybody can see that little card and the little man on the back of the cards, so i don't think it's good... in restaurant u should use stage/closeup, i agree with previous posts that said it's more 1 on 1 or for kids shows mostly. i won't even do it for a kids table, but maybe thats just me...

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:20 pm 
Penguin

I've done it for a choir of High School kids and I did get that nice big reaction, i guess it is all about presentation and patter