View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: my routine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

Howdy. I need a little help getting together a good routine for table hopping. Heres what i think im going to have available to do at each table. I just have to choose the best ones.

Cards:
ACR (BTP style)
Ultimate Transpo
2 card monte (BTP style)
Revolver
Maybe ID (i have to buy a new one... mine "broke")

Coins:
Scotch and soda
Yea...i need some more coin stuff

Stealth Pen

Color Changing knives

Im having a brain block at the moment so i cant think of the other stuff i was gonna put out. I just need more non card stuff. Anythign you guys can recommend besides spongeballl magic (i dislike it with a passion) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:14 pm 
born to perform.

how about 3 ring circus or if you need some more coin stuff then get sankeys stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:35 pm 
born to perform.

Use some On the Spot tricks. I could've sworn you said you had it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

i got TVBO jay sankey vol 3, ive been thinking aobut 3 ring circus but a lot of people said the gimmick breaks easily so im not too sure. Im hoping that this wont be exposure, but do the rings in it work the same way as normal linking rings?
As for on the spot, yup, ive got it. Im working on a few things in that. which tricks would be the best from that? Thanks all

Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:05 pm 
Penguin

"A Questionable Trick" from "On The Spot" is great for restaurants. Small in your pocket , no reset, fully examinable. I used "ring flight" at a walkaround birthday party and followed it up with a ring on a string type routine...everyone loved it. Laughed their heads off when they saw that the ring was still on my finger and not rolling down the hall like they first thought.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:32 pm 
Penguin

mmdrk,

I can't really recommend specific effects because I don't know what plays well for you. But here is some of the general criteria of an effect suitable for this environment:

-angleproof (or can be changed a little to be angleproof)
-quick or no reset
-examinable
-requires no table (again, you can adapt effects to fit this requirement)
-modular; multi-phase routines (if the food comes the middle of your routine you will want to be able to end it immediately. The patrons are there to eat; not to watch magic.)
-easy to understand; direct (try to have blatant effects: vanishes, productions, etc.)

You should try to have a variety of effects. Look for things that happen in the spectator's hands (but allow your audience to get to know you before you have them physically participate). Try not to open with a card trick.

And remember to be entertaining and friendly. I heard a great piece of advice somewhere: your personality should be strong enough that the patrons would enjoy talking to you even if you weren't doing magic.

Post subject: good effects...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:35 pm 
Penguin

For coin stuff hopping half is a good one, so is copper/silver/brass if you like gimmicks. Gregory Wilson's dishonest abe is a great routine. All of these require no table space which is ideal.

Post subject: 3 ring circus
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:19 pm 
Penguin

Ryan, I would highly consider getting 3 ring circus, they are made stronger. Mine don't even have a scratch. They are fairly thick but look totally normal and impromtu. The bonus tricks like konfu coin transpo and collateral damage would be good for your table hopping also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:52 pm 
Penguin

On The Spot-

It's great for Restaurant work. See the paper balls routine. For Questionable Trick I use a golden American dollar and quarter. They are bigger and people enjoy them more.

Any pen or Pencil thru dollar is great too.

KSalaz