View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:25 pm 
Penguin

freiburgflyer wrote:
slamball wrote:
maybe he doesnt live in america......

you're right. maybe he lives in Iraq.

wait...all their malls were bombed.

Or maybe he lives in Germany.

...where all the spectators are in concentration camps.

If I lived in Germany I would not be talking [edited] about other countries politics...

Last edited by Shibaz on Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:26 pm 
Penguin

Really though, what can mall security do? Just be nice to the guy and put the cards away and move somewhere else. You could also stop people outside walking to/from their car or smoking jacks outside etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:58 pm 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
Shibaz wrote:
Or maybe he lives in Germany.

...where all the spectators are in concentration camps.

If I lived in Germany I would not be talking [edited] about other countries politics...

"other countries politics"? who was talking about politics?

Even if I wanted to talk about politics, according to you I'm not allowed to talk about the politics of the country which issued me a passport?

and as for spectators being in concentration camps, they were freed a long time ago. now they are drinking beer and eating sausages at the beer garden and collecting welfare.
get your stereotypes with the correct generation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:53 pm 
Penguin

Correct generation? The Holocaust is part of YOUR COUNTRIES history. I don't care if you were born here, I don't want to hear your smart EDITED American military bashing.

I don't understand how you don't expect a negative response from "you're right. maybe he lives in Iraq. wait...all their malls were bombed."

You don't have to PM me your flaming by the way.

EDITED Profanity
There will be no offensive language allowed on the Penguin Magic Forums. This includes any coded or partially written bad language. If you are unsure whether or not your language is offensive, a simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." Using symbols in place of letters is still considered profane. Thanks ---823

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:50 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
Correct generation?
I was born a little too late to have anything to do with this.
(you do understand the word "generation"?)

part of your country's heritage
I was also born in the wrong country for this to apply to me. Actually, my parents and grandparents were also born in the wrong country. my grandfather even fought against the germans.

american military bashing?
I was in the army 4 years. i think if anyone has to right to "bash", I have earned it. but in any case, where do you see bashing?

I don't understand how you don't expect a negative response
good, maybe this will get a positive response.

Why aren't there any K-marts in Iraq?
because there is a target on every corner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:03 pm 
Penguin

Mercury52 wrote:
I work at a mall that regularly has a group of street performers that they book through a separate agent whom we all share. The mall does ask performers who are not part of the program to stop. If you want to try a mall, just find out who the mall manager or person in charge of public relations is and see what you can work out. Worst that happens is they tell you no.

I wish mall security would approach me. I'd just play catch me if you can. However, if you run across a situation like the one above, I would not perform at all. That is disrespectful to the magicians who went and set up an agreement with the mall. Stealing someone's stage is a no no in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:42 am 
born to perform.

there is no fear of mall security. The worst thing that could happen is that they will ask you to leave or they will call the police...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:07 pm 

jmingo1 wrote:
there is no fear of mall security. The worst thing that could happen is that they will ask you to leave or they will call the police...

Wrong. Certain malls, like Mall of America in MN have as security only licensed police officers so any security officer has the power to arrest and detain. Other malls have one police officer on duty at all times so they can arrest on the spot.

Most will ask that you cease and desist and at the same time spread the word via radio describing you and warning others to watch for you. If you just move to a different part of the mall, you can be arrested, taken to the security office and held for transportation to a jail for trespassing or creating a disturbance.

Depending on the jurisdiction that you live in, the results could be a fine up to several hundred dollars ($500 where I live) plus a couple of days in jail if you really urinate off the judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:11 pm 
Penguin

Mall security is way to uptight. At the mall i go to they dont even let you sit on the benches for more than 30 seconds if you are under the age of 6000. One time they pulled me aside and yelled at me for having spiked bracelets on. I would hate to see what they would do if someone performed magic there. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:27 am 
Penguin

god, i wish i had 1 guard here in every mall... well, we got like 150-20 in each mall, just coz i'm from Israel (but it's a good reason i think...)
i don't think that if i'll perform in the mall the security would give me any trouble, i'm not doing anything against the law by performing there, as long as i don't ask for money to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:53 pm 
Penguin

You need to try to get a job at a restaurant. Impress the management. Tell them to watch you work as you entertain a couple tables. You could get realy sneaky and have some friends go in to eat before you talk to management and then go perform for their table and a couple others, tell your friends to be loud! Tell the other folks to mention something to management if they liked the magic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

hart wrote:
You need to try to get a job at a restaurant. Impress the management. Tell them to watch you work as you entertain a couple tables. You could get realy sneaky and have some friends go in to eat before you talk to management and then go perform for their table and a couple others, tell your friends to be loud! Tell the other folks to mention something to management if they liked the magic!

If you're good enough, you won't need to use your friends as a "plant!"