well, I want to start restaurant magic really soon (when i'll have a license which would be in like 2-3 months from now). well, the problem is not like the regular people problems, truth is-that i don't have a problem, but i might have. let me explain myself...
I won't have any trouble going into the resturant gig coz i have a lot of confidents, routines, and i can find restuarants that will hier me (no magicians doing restaurant walkaround around here).
anyway, my questions are about things that are unclear for me, and i want people that DO restaurant work at this time or done it to answer my questions. so here's what i wanted to know:
1. Did it ever happened to u that u did tricks/routine for a table and u had a crowd around u? i mean, if u did, what did u do about it? some people going in the restaurant or going out would want to see ur magic, so what do u do in that case? also people from diffrent tables might come and watch u, would u tell them to go away? what if the manager gets pissed? he can get pissed of u for telling the clients to go away, or by telling them to stay and not finish their meal to make room for other clients and make a mess at the restuarant. this leads me to my next question...
2. What do u do if u miss a table? did it happen to u that the clients said to the manger or to u this sentence: "why did u showed them magic and not for my family and kids?"
i think u can't do all the tables at the same time, so u would be missing some, or u do have time for all of them? again, this leads me to my next question....
3. if i do a routine, what would be the longth of it? does it dependse on me? the clients? or the busy the restuarant is at the same time? or maybe even all together?
4. did it ever happend to u that a table was following u to the next table and wanting for more? what do u do in that case? i mean, u have several diffrent routines, so u won't show the same tricks twice in a row.
5. do u ever have spare time in the restuarant, like taking a break or something, or having a free dinner while ur'e working...
6. do u have a back room or something for all ur equipment? or u just carry it all with u all the time? i mean, if i would want to do cups and balls or the 3 shell game, i would hve to come with a suitcase or something and i couldn't carry it all the time. should i tell to the manager that i need a back room that no one is aloud to go into?
7. do waiters sometimes feel hate to u by u getting the bigger tips and that sourt of things? or u give the waiter's table like some of the tips u get?
8. lets say ur'e doing magic for a restuarnt-chain (not sure it's called that way). anyway, the "big manager" of the chain comes to eat for a dinner and talk with ur manager about the restuarant buisness. now the question is, if ur boss asks u to do magic, what would be the tricks/routine u would do to him? in other words, ur best tricks for restuarnt magic. u can also just state ur favorite one.
well, i have to go now, i have some more questions i don't remember right now, so maybe i'll add some more later.
just when u answer, please state the question ur'e answering, no need to quote. thank u soooo much, even an answer for 1 question would be VERY helpful, thank you and good luck in ur restuarant walkaround!!!
sorry for any spelling/gremer mistakes, but i'm not from the US so plz don't blame me