View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:53 pm 
Penguin

or better yet have a stack of abot twenty cards palm one put in on your deck and force it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:01 pm 
born to perform.

Hey Ryan,
Have you tried any other restaurants or heard back from the 99 yet?
Best of luck!
Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:30 pm 
Penguin

How old are you , im 14 turning 15 in may and been dying to do restaurant but i want to perfect a few routines before hand so im ready for it also how much is your starting, I was just thinking that $50/ hour and no tips would be fare, cause 1) If you get a tip then the waiter might get a lower tip cause in the specs eyes they ALREADY tiped you. 2) If you do 10 mins per table, Thats 6 tables an hour, so if each tips say average $5 then theres $30 + watever you make. so if the boss pays you more he can give the customers FREE entertainment...

I could be completely wrong but Maybe not

BTW MMdrk how old are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:35 pm 
born to perform.

Kannible wrote:
How old are you , im 14 turning 15 in may and been dying to do restaurant but i want to perfect a few routines before hand so im ready for it also how much is your starting, I was just thinking that $50/ hour and no tips would be fare, cause 1) If you get a tip then the waiter might get a lower tip cause in the specs eyes they ALREADY tiped you. 2) If you do 10 mins per table, Thats 6 tables an hour, so if each tips say average $5 then theres $30 + watever you make, so the boss might think of it as giving the customers FREE entertainment...

BTW MMdrk how old are you?

I think $50 /hour is too much. What I mean is not that you aren't good enough, but in the managers eyes, you are just a kid and not old enough to be making that much money. I would say start at $20/hour, then after doing it for a few months either try another restaurant and up the price, or ask for a raise from the restaurant you are currently working at. I mean if a 14 or 15 year old kid comes up to the manager and asks for a job making $50 an hour, he will probably laugh in your face. Start low, and then prove that you deserve to make more than that. Just my two cents. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:12 am 

[quote="Kannible"] If you do 10 mins per table, Thats 6 tables an hour, so if each tips say average $5 then theres $30 + watever you make. so if the boss pays you more he can give the customers FREE entertainment...

[quote]

If you spend 10 minutes at a table you will not get any tips and will probably get thrown out by the restaurant. The time at the table should be 2 to 4 minutes. This is CLOSE UP magic, not stage. Get to table, get act done, get [edited] to another table.

Post subject: Hows that?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:57 am 
Penguin

Hi, well done to you. I was just wandering. restaurants and pubs are something i want to get into myself, Do you do the same trick for every table? or do you change them incase someone you've done already walks past you from the loo seeing you perform the same stuff you did for them..Breath... Might sound like a stupid question but i'm interested to know? :oops: hope you can help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:50 pm 
born to perform.

When your doing tablehopping at a resturant you should have between 5-10 tricks/routines prepared. Not necaserily 10 individual one trick wonders but some card tricks like the ambitious card, and a triumph and maybe a quick visual 4 ace routine. Dont carry more than two decks because that can be cumbersom. Have one gimmicked deck in addition to one reg deck.Probably the invisible deck. Also, have something with coins like a coins across or a 3fly routine.Carry tricks that you dont have to use much table space. Tricks in the spectators hands are the best. Also make sure that you do your magic so well that you dont have to think about it. Your tricks should provide a very quick set-up if any set-up at all.

And always remember the Golden Rule

NEVER ASK SOMEONE TO PICK A CARD WHILE THEY ARE EATING.
No one wants to be asked to help in a trick when theyre cuttin into a steak. Do magic when they are waiting for their food is best. If there are long lines, entertain the lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:00 am 

Jmingo1 has very good tips. I carry between 9 and 12 effects (I know, with a deck of cards you have a good 2 hour show) that I am going to do that night. Then I do 2 or 3 effects per table and vary the tricks so that the tables that are close to each other see different effects. Remember if a person sees the same trick two or three time they may figure out the secrets.