View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:55 am 
born to perform.

Get" Power Lunch"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:50 pm 
Penguin

how did your magic club get started at your school? i was thinking of some of my magician friends to make a magic club when we go to high school next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:48 pm 
Penguin

an adult member of a magic society started it, so i dont know what to tell you. At my school to start a club we have to talk with the principal and get a teacher who will be a moderator. It might be different at your school. You can try that, but if that doesn't work then i don't know what to tell you. Sorry.

Post subject: Cards
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:25 pm 
Penguin

Hi
I'm sure "On the spot" is a good dvd to get but I cant recomend cards enough. Myclassmates dont do magic like this club you seem to have, but cards are gods gift to magicians.
I dont have limits. I just use the DL (my forté) and false shuffles and stuff and come out with some wiked stuff.
A lot of them are pick a card stuff but the endings change. And thats what they remember. whether i get them to cut to there own card (using the cross cut force) or fireing there card out of the middle of the deck 30 foot in there (theres always a good wind in England) it all amazes them.
I have also done shows for my class which you mentioned. Its difficult because angles are very odd in cases. But I have some stage stuff which I use. Things big and magical are the best. Keep away from mentalism and coins in class performances. Coins and rubber bands are always good for walking around though.
I once tricked the class into thinking i'd swallowed a worm with a simple sleight. I would definatley recommend this.
Anyway, iv got carried away.

Bye
Denzy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:32 pm 

paddy wrote:
The stealth pen and Bite out quarter are so old and "Blaine-y." Forget the gimmicks and bring a deck of cards. A regular deck, either poker or bridge size shold give you a good 2 hours of effects without repeating one. It will make you look a lot better than any gimmick ever could.

After you master the cards bring some coins and really show every other member of the magic club up.

I don't have anything against card tricks, but you shouldn't rely on them completely. I mean, can you imagine sitting through an entire act (ie. lunch hour) with nothing more than a deck of cards? Also, card tricks don't seem to have as much impact as they should because everyone knows at least one or two card tricks. You really should have a little more variety to set you apart from the crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:03 pm 

I don't rely on cards and coins at all. But the subject is about "tricks to do at school." This whole group of forums have a readership with an median age of 13, young kids just learning magic. For young magi, just starting out, I believe that the MUST LEARN the fundamentals of slieght of hand. The only way to learn this is card tricks and coin magic.

Your right, cards alone and coins alone will get boring unless your are a magician performing effects. Tell me Michael Amar is boring when he does a one hour card show.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:56 pm 
Penguin

I've mentioned this before, but Healed and Sealed works great for school. People see empty cans lying around all the time so it makes sense. I perform at school to make sure i've mastered a trick. I use the french drop alot when handing someone a coin. Also the raven works great. Mostly street tricks and close up tricks are good for school.
Hope this helps,
Danny

Post subject: blank out...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:52 pm 
Penguin

I am in 10th grade and ii do tricks in school too. the problem is when people ask for me to do a trick on the spot, i totally blank out and end up doing some stipid trick that they have seen or can figure out...any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:13 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
StreetMagicRocks wrote:
paddy wrote:
The stealth pen and Bite out quarter are so old and "Blaine-y."

DAVID BLAINE HAS NEVER.. no wait.. here we go..

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

done the stealth pen.. why do you people keep saying he does it!?!?! HE NEVER HAS!!!!!

don't know if Blaine has ever done stealth pen,
BUT
look at this link http://www.penguinmagic.com/streetmagic.php
Street Magic: David Blaine Street Magic Tricks.

it doesn't necessarily have to be a trick that Blaine does regularly to be considered "blaine-y"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:47 am 
Penguin

maybe you could perform the vanishing handkerchief tirck or other vanishing tricks. they always get people thinking, time and time again..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:02 am 
born to perform.

B-2 bomber, misled, svengali deck,Match box penitration, and the hummingbird. Those are some of my favorite tricks, mabey you could do those. :lol: 8)