View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wedding help wanted...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:42 am 
born to perform.

Please suggest to me some routines to use for a wedding gig I have in a month or so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

Rinkey dinkey is a great effect if you borrow someones ring ( from the bride maybe ).

Scotch and soda and Color monte are also some great effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:50 am 
born to perform.

Scotch and soda does not reset instantly....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:49 am 
born to perform.

i like the idea of a ring on stirng routine. That would be funny. Then if you mixed it in with fire or something. Like the kaps on fire wallet. Something where it looks like it gets broken or soemthing, but then comes back alive. Like the ring stunts on On the Spot. That might be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:55 am 
born to perform.

Hundy 500 would be good. As long as the couple doesn't get any ideas that you want to give them the hundreds as a wedding gift.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:02 am 
born to perform.

There are hundreds of effects you can perform. It's just like any other walkaround performance really. I'm assuming it's walkaround, right?

If it were me, I'd usually open with some visual magic, maybe a few productions, vanishes and transformations... most likely for me it would be some coin magic. If the table was interested, I would probably follow up with another strong coin effect and then close out with a card effect or two. You could always open with a card effect, but make sure it's quick, somewhat powerful, and easy to understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:44 am 
born to perform.

During the reception after everyone has eaten, many will go and mingle or dance. This leaves seats at tables open for you to sit down and do table performances including your favorite Bill Malone effects! (assuming you do those)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

You gotta love those bill m effects....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:43 am 
Penguin

Bill Malone is the best!!! if u don't have his dvd's, get them NOW!!! i use 95% of the tricks, and the ones i don't use, r because they need gimmicks, but i'll get those soon as well. he has so many great card effects u can do:
invisible palm
gemini twins (my favorit)
sam the bellhop (not sure if this would be good for u, coz u want short stuff, but u can change the story to the inviermont u perform in)
and lots of more.

i would also recommend the art of card manipulation. after u do walkaround, or befor u do walkaround, u can get on the stage and do some card manipulation stuff. i got a special deck for it, which is thiner and has 4 indexes, instead of 2 (for fans). the deck drags a lot attantion and u can get the attantion u need in no time.
u probably have all what i said, but i just hope i helped with those few suggestions. if u don't have color changing knives, get them now! their the best for this sort of stuff. u could also get sankey linking rings, and borrow a ring and link it in as well.
those r just a few thoughts, hope they will benefit u.

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:49 am 
Penguin

Are you familiar with Anniversary waltz? It is a beautiful effect for a wedding. A good comedy routine might work with the slydini scarves when the couple keep trying to "tie the knot" and it keeps coming undone, until finnally, it doesn't.

KSalaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:09 pm 
Penguin

I've actually performed at two wedding receptions before, my cousins and a friend of my dad's. I mostly did closeup tricks that pack small but play big. Also you don't want to do things that involve a lot of set up. What i did was i went from table to table and performed a sponge ball routine, bite out quarter, and the pop up move on the ambitious card. Try not to do something over seven minutes because eventually, people will get bored.