View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Levitations + Birthday Parties = ?
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:34 pm 
born to perform.

I was wondering, I am looking into a levitation effect (mostly wild levitation) and I was wondering if you guys thought that a levitation effect like that that can be seen from the front is good for a kids show. I think i wouldn't be that bad. You take off you magician's coat, and you start to levitate. The only thing I need to know is that will a gimmick be exposed if the people watching it are at a really low angle. I mean, if I did it for little kids, most likely they would be sitting no the floor. Would they be able to see anything from down there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:57 pm 
Penguin

First of all i would only have 1 maybe 2 kids in front of me and i would not have them sitting on the floor maybe on a chair or better yet standing up about 4 feet away from you.

Post subject: better suggestion
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:45 pm 
Penguin

ask the kids to stand up incase i fall into the audience because i am trying to levitation and float off the ground make a big story about it to get them all hyped up and wen there standing up it looks better to them because if they sit on the floor theyll see the best person to do this to is a tall person because they look down and its really convincing

Post subject: Re: Levitations + Birthday Parties = ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:06 pm 
Penguin

Location: The prophesy of infedelity is merely the stimulation of a process less reconized by ME!!!
Crisis wrote:
I was wondering, I am looking into a levitation effect (mostly wild levitation) and I was wondering if you guys thought that a levitation effect like that that can be seen from the front is good for a kids show. I think i wouldn't be that bad. You take off you magician's coat, and you start to levitate. The only thing I need to know is that will a gimmick be exposed if the people watching it are at a really low angle. I mean, if I did it for little kids, most likely they would be sitting no the floor. Would they be able to see anything from down there?

I think it is a realy good idea but it depends how old the kids are if the are kindergarteners then go right ahead /Fist-4th graders go for it
however when you are talking about people from 10 years old till 12
then you might get them looking under your feet. Not because they are trying to expose the secret they are just confused about what is happening because to them it is an anatural thing.

Hope this helps and good luck by the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:12 pm 
born to perform.

i wouldn't because little kids have wondering minds and might not even pay attention they would be like he is standing on the back of his foot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:35 pm 
Penguin

well, i don't think u would want them to stand up, coz they might under lock another ur cloth or just go onto the side and see how it's done. the angels r very massy... u must do it in front of the audiance and they can't look under the cloth. i think that u might want to get a diffrent levitation effect. but i don't see myself doing a self-levitation effect at a kids show... if i would do one, it would be balduci, just coz the angles r much better and there r no gimmiks... if u do want a levitation, and it doesn't have to be a self-levitation, then u would recommend the zombie or the hummerbird card.
those r just my 2 cents,

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:08 pm 
Penguin

Actually the angles for wild Levitation is much better than the balducci, still with the balducci you can only do it for about 1 or maybe 2 people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 am 
Penguin

well, not really... the reason i said that balducci is better is because the little kids at my show asked me if i can levitate like david blaine. so i said that it's kinda hard, and that it sometimes doesn't work... i stood up at the angle, and start levitating. the kids went mad!
i don't think this would of worked with the wild levitation. the kids tried to look below my left leg, and couldn't see a thing, because of the shade of the leg (i hope this is not exposure to anything...)
anyway, i think that levitation works very well for an audiance that sits in front of u. for wild levitation u must get them to stand up, and the setup and cleanup r baddd.

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:34 am 
Penguin

With the balducci even one person standing behind you and off to either shoulder all that person has to do is take one step to his or her right or left and will see how the levitation is done. The balducci is definitely more angle sensitive then wild levitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:58 pm 
born to perform.

Levitations + Birthday Parties = BAD!!!

I only say this because, if these kids are young, they have wondering minds, and well, i myself dont see levitation at birthday parties. To me its like doing levitation on stage. I dont recamend it at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:13 pm 
Penguin

I wouldn't do levetation at birthday parties for young kids. You would have to make sure they were all in the exact right place, amd if they [did] find out it would spoil the trick. It might even ruin the show because once a trick is revealed then the kids don't see it as "magic" they see it as "tricks" you know what I mean? Plus, as you well know, people think they're REALLY smart once they 'figure out' a trick! Especially kids.