View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:24 pm 
born to perform.

who would want to make a living out of resturant magic its not a high paying job id rather be a stage magician and have grand effects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:51 pm 
born to perform.

If it pays the bills, it's high-paying enough. Personally, I'd rather not be a stage magician. It's not my style. I prefer doing magic when I can see the reactions in people's faces as I'm doing it. And I can't see getting dolled up in makeup and costumes every time I perform. Stage magic is great, but it's not for everyone, and it's not for me.

Not saying for a minute that I intend to limit my magic to only restaurants, either. There are many other venues. Trade shows, corporate events, parties, retirement homes, etc. If I work at it, I can make all the money I want.

Robert V Frazier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:13 pm 
Penguin

i would deffintly agree with Robert_V_Frazier on this one.
but i also wanted to add something that he forgot to mention:
doing restaurant magic ins't ur only job, like Robert_V_Frazier mentioned, u have a lot of other jobs as a magician as well, but u have those jobs thanks to ur restaurant walkaround job. after each table, u leave out 1 or 2 buissness cards, and trust me that u would get many calls each week. if u have on ur buissness card these things written: doing restaurant walkaround, parties, bd's, closeup, mentalism, etc...
then u would have many people calling u for diffrent gigs they want u to be at.
when ur'e doing restaurant walkaround, u don't only do magic for money, u earn many more clients for more magic, and for a lot more money.
if u would do restaurant magic full time, u would see that u would first be booked at the weekends for bd's and stuff, and then u would be booked for each and every single day of the week, if u would want to... u would be able to give urself the free time u need to practice, coz ur'e the boss of urself.

that's just my opinion here,

Tomer