View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:38 am 

flyfisher08 wrote:
i contacted a local magic shop and they said you only need a buisness licence if you pull in $3000 or more a year. Is this true? i think it wwould be

As I stated earlier and Wayno also said, talk to your local authorities. I do not know what agency controls the labour laws in your jurisdiction. That is some research thet YOU have to do.

Right now you are using the "LAZY reasearch method," i.e. asking on these forums and expecting us to know where you live and what the local laws are. Please get off your lazy tushie and do some work on your own instead of expecting us to do it for you.

Last edited by paddy on Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:59 am 
Penguin

Paddy Paddy Paddy look at all those spelling mistakes. What has become of you? Your letting yourself slip my friend!

Ha Ha just joking. The keyboard looks fuzzy at 3am doesn't it? :lol:

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:04 am 

[edited] wrote:
Paddy Paddy Paddy look at all those spelling mistakes. What has become of you? Your letting yourself slip my friend!

Ha Ha just joking. The keyboard looks fuzzy at 3am doesn't it? :lol:

Gary

That is exactly when I typed it, at 3AM. Boy did I miss those! The message still stands, he is lazy, but so was I for not proofreading before posting.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

i have done tons of searches on the web, dont get me wrong. I guess i should call, but i dont know who to call. You say the authorities, im pretty sure thats the local cops, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:25 pm 
Penguin

Paddy, im in tennessee i didnt think you could be PAYED unless you where old enough to work (pay'd for working or entertaining) but i dont really know, i just know that for stores and stuff its 15 here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:46 pm 

TMK123 wrote:
Paddy, im in tennessee i didnt think you could be PAYED unless you where old enough to work (pay'd for working or entertaining) but i dont really know, i just know that for stores and stuff its 15 here.

True, you can not be "PAYED" or even "pay'd" in any state or country in the world. Only because it is not a word.

You can, however, be paid. Check with the authorities in Tennessee about the age restriction applying to self employment as an entertainer. Truthfully I believe that you are not ready to work restaurants because at 15 you can not have the experience to be good enough and gimmicks don't cut it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flyfisher08 wrote:
i contacted a local magic shop and they said you only need a buisness licence if you pull in $3000 or more a year. Is this true? i think it wwould be

That will differ from town to town. Keep in mind as well, if you are going to be travelling, you need to be liscensed in the town you are in, not where you are from. ;)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

flyfisher08 wrote:
i have done tons of searches on the web, dont get me wrong. I guess i should call, but i dont know who to call. You say the authorities, im pretty sure thats the local cops, right?

Check your yellow pages/phone book for registries. Or look in your phone book for municipal or government services. Look for registries. Or call your Town Hall. If they can't help you they can at least point you in the right direction.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:13 pm 
Penguin

Paddy, thanks for the grammar lesson! Haha, im 16 so as far as I know you can be "paid" as an entertainer because i havent been told otherwise, i was stating the obvious that you cannot work as in labor until you are 16.

-Alex