View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: nervous, first time im gonna go perform infront of a crowd..
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

pretty soon im gonna have to go to a birthdayparty and perform infront of people ive never seen. im kinda nervous that im gonna mess up. and im trying to think of tricks i can do. does anyone have any tips or any ideas for tricks i should do. :?: so far im thinking of doing....... invisble deck, rising card deck, do as i do, ambitious card, bigger finish, metal photography deck, magus capsuls, holy moly!, some more card tricks.
i think the majority of the crowd is for the little kids so thats kinda good i guess, but then they also will get confused alot or just plain out not get the trick. so if anyone thinks those tricks are to hard for little kids it would help if u told me and gave me another trick todo instead. thanks.

Post subject: Re: nervous, first time im gonna go perform infront of a cro
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

afi wrote:
pretty soon im gonna have to go to a birthdayparty and perform infront of people ive never seen. im kinda nervous that im gonna mess up. and im trying to think of tricks i can do. does anyone have any tips or any ideas for tricks i should do. :?: so far im thinking of doing....... invisble deck, rising card deck, do as i do, ambitious card, bigger finish, metal photography deck, magus capsuls, holy moly!, some more card tricks.
i think the majority of the crowd is for the little kids so thats kinda good i guess, but then they also will get confused alot or just plain out not get the trick. so if anyone thinks those tricks are to hard for little kids it would help if u told me and gave me another trick todo instead. thanks.

Most card tricks for little kids are too complicated for them (they may not remeber the card). Little kids want to see something visual. Most of those seem good and you could have alot of fun with the correct patter.

-Freds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

How old will the kids be? I did some card tricks for kids and they loved it. They could understand everything I did.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

really really young........ i think if i heard right my friend said the neighbors who have 2 little girls and they are not even near 5 years old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, forget the card stuff then.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:54 pm 
born to perform.

Break a leg!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

haha that sucks, then what the edited am i supposed to use??? all i do is mostly card tricks and i just do them to adults :( well i just bought 45 and rev. coin magic so i hope i learn some visual coin stuff on that and hopefully save my [edited]. wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:16 pm 
born to perform.

Magus Capsul may be a good trick for them with good patter. D'lite is also fun and has possibiltys. The coin stuff will be good.

-Freds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

Use the search button for stuff for kids. There have been many topics about that stuff. You should get some rope magic.
-Tyler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:23 pm 
Penguin

Look into the following tricks:

Magic Coloring Book

Strat-O-Sphere

Vanishing Crayons

The Fantasio Vanishing Cane

Vanishing Hankerchief

Mandarin Mirror Box

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thanks everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:18 pm 
Penguin

when is it? you should have everything your doing done pat AT LEAST 1-2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE. if your not, your well not prepared. My first show i was very prepared and things went smoothly. I was VERY nervous tho, hands were shaking as though i had parkansens (sp) just be charasmatic.

PRACTICE HARD. put this ahead of everything and BE PREPARED!

good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

it is the 24th. i am gonna start to practice tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:41 pm 
Penguin

good. write down your routine and make changes to it along the way. good job at getting your first gig. ah brings back the memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:47 pm 
Penguin

I fondly recall my first performance. The best advice I can give you is to be totally prepared. Buying some new magic now and trying to have it down by the 24th maybe asking too much. I concurr that vanishing silk is great for kids. I use sponge balls and have found it to be a real kid favorite. The sponge ball handling requires practice in front of a mirror. You may also want to look into a trick called "shrinking die". Every kid loves to see something become smaller right in front of them and I always do shrinking die with kids. I have some regular gigs at a coffee shop and hope to move into restuarants soon. The best thing I do to calm nerves is to pretend I am in front of the audience. I do like a dress rehersal. I am serious. I get dressed in the clothes I am going to wear, then I place my effects in the pockets that I want and I begin my routine as if I am standing there in front of my spectators. I even rehearse things going wrong. I will actually practice not forcing the right card and then bailing myself out with my ID. I practice my IT not working and so I quickly transition to pen through the dollar I was suppose to levitate. These are just little things that help me. Afi, I wish you the best in your maiden voyage on the seas of illusion.