View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strong effects for table hopping?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

Tell me what you think. If I should change anything or wtv. Now I havn't made up my routines yet that is why I am asking.

Cards:

- torn but not forgotten
- ambitious card routine
- club sandwich
- question card ( I dont think they sell this effect...I saw it on
cheaterscheater.com )
- two card monte
- Paper Clipped

Coins/money:

- Lethal Tender
- Coin Matrix ( my version )
- Scotch and Soda ( routine variation )
- Flotting dollar bill ( not quite sure yet )

Mentalism:

- Invisble deck
- Sucker is born every minute
- Twisted Sisters
- Pyro perception

Other/Kids stuff:

- sponge ball routine
- professors nightmare
- vanishing hanky routine
- magic colouring book ( not sure )

I think theres about 12 in there that can be examinable...I might have misscounted. Thank you for your time

Last edited by quickmagic3 on Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:06 pm 
Penguin

Hey quick--looks like you have some good stuff to work with. Putting it together in a logical and well flowing order is the tough part. Check out my post.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... hp?t=58319

Good luck with the routines!

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Get Paddy to check it out. He's the only one on these forums that I know of, who makes his living entertaining in restaurants. He is the only one who is any sort of an authority here who can give you the advice you seek.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:36 am 
born to perform.

Those tricks look really good but almost as important is the transitions inbeteween and the order and your presentation. Search through the restaurant section there is an abundance of info on how to organize your routine. I have a few suggestions, if I say any harmful advice someone please correct me. First coin matrix is kinda ify because it requires quite a bit of space and that might be inconvinient for the guests, but if there is room then its OK but try to stay clear from using the guests table especially you don't want to move anything around on their table. Another thing, I don't know what exactly pyro-perception is but I'm assuming it uses fire or flashes of some sort. If it does then you might not want to use that for safety reasons and also it might disturb other guests. Otherwise your selection of tricks for your routines looks promising. Remember, practice until your fingers go numb and your eyes fall out, don't worry they're both replaceable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:21 am 
Penguin

Pyro Perception only involves a lighter or a candle. I use it in my routine and it goes over really well. If I am in the bar area, I do it for a smoker and ask to borrow their lighter. One caveat.... Never do it for children. This is an adult only effect and I never do it even if I think a child might be watching from the next table over. Kids don't need to see a magician burning his fingers. So only do it for adult tables or in the bar area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:33 am 
born to perform.

AAWWFF wrote:
]First coin matrix is kinda ify because it requires quite a bit of space and that might be inconvinient for the guests, but if there is room then its OK but try to stay clear from using the guests table especially you don't want to move anything around on their table.

I was thinking on getting a little tray to carry my stuff arround with a little platform on top so that I could put my close up matt on to do the coin matrix. Thx for your suggestion though.

quote="danold22"]Pyro Perception only involves a lighter or a candle. I use it in my routine and it goes over really well. If I am in the bar area, I do it for a smoker and ask to borrow their lighter. One caveat.... Never do it for children. This is an adult only effect and I never do it even if I think a child might be watching from the next table over. Kids don't need to see a magician burning his fingers. So only do it for adult tables or in the bar area.[/quote]

Thx for the tips. Did you ask your manager if you could perform this effect before buying it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:44 am 
Penguin

To answer your question, I already had Pyro Perception and showed it to the manager. He approved it and that was that. I used the classic force on him and he was floored by the whole effect. Just use some common sense and you'll be fine. Most Restaurants won't allow major fire effects or live animals.

In regards to your tray idea, I read in a post that one magi went to Lowes and bought a small push cart with a nice top and drawers underneath to store all his effects. He puts his close up pad on top and wheels up to tables. This way he takes up no table space. Apparently it is narrow enough that it doesn't get in the way. His user name is hokey. Find a post by him, click on his name and find all posts by him. He is relatively new so it shouldn't be to hard to find his post about this cart. Sounds kinda cool. I carry everything on me when I walk around. After doing five or six tables, I'll reset what needs resetting and move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:42 am 
born to perform.

About the cart...it was from him I got the idea...lol...thx for all your advices danold22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:21 pm 
Penguin

You're welcome. Happy I could help.