View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:24 am 
Penguin

Location: Forget Normality, Spit on Mortality, What's Morality, Burn Humanity, Nothing could ever set you free
Full decks of cards arent allowed in my school. But small packets are :lol: .
I agree, Lots and lots of coins is what i'm triying this year. Things like pulling the change out trough the pocket, through the table, maybe coins across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:43 am 
Team Penguin

JontonofSpades wrote:
Great ideas Kyle. I have a really nice rubber band routine that I do when I see rubber bands sitting around. I do Paper Balls Over the Head with borrowed notebook paper. With all these fancy Graphing Calculators these days, you can easily program a message into someones calculator in a matter of minutes. You can do a crazy prediction like that. I do a card to calculator (signed card folded up in the battery compartment). I do recap with borrowed pens. Dough with borrowed pencils, dollars, and sticky notes. There are endless possibilities.

Magic Fridays huh? I'll try to suck up to some of my teachers and maybe I'll land myself 15 minutes out of the class every now and then.
~Jonton

yes you see...it is best to use the objects you find around you because it impresses your audience with the fact that you can play off of your surroundings and use what you are supplied with to do magic without being properly prepared. I can do tons of routines with the items I just listed above. Especially the rubber bands!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:18 pm 
Penguin

KyletheGreat wrote:
Cards are not allowed in some schools...

In my school, cards aren't allowed if you're going to play poker or blackjack or something like that, but one of my friends, who recommended this site to me, is allowed to bring cards when he performs in the cafeteria.

[quote+"KyleTheGreat"]Now, My Senior English teacher declared every friday in her class "Magic Friday" and turned over the last fifteen minutes of every friday to me for mini performances. On those days I perform card effects for the class as well as bits and pieces of my comedy adult stage routines.[/quote]
Wow... that's just awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:07 pm 
Penguin

Almost anything that you can perform well that you can fit in you pocket and isn't dangerous. Don't underestimate rubberbands. Cards weren't allowed at my school. However almost every teacher made an exception for me because they saw me do other stuff first so when I pulled out the cards it was fine. As Kyle said, some teachers will ask for a trick when they finish early. Actually, the teacher that did that the most for me was also my english teacher, weird. If you are shy about approaching people and people know that you do magic, I guarantee this will work. In studyhall while reading, or lunch while eating, or at the end of class waiting for the bell, just play around with bands/coins/cards(maybe) and someone will ask to see a trick. BUT do not become the magic monkey on command. Also, do not distract from teachers or do magic at inapropriate times. Get the teachers on your side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 pm 
Penguin

what tricks can you do with rubber bands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:02 pm 
Penguin

milmagician9 wrote:
what tricks can you do with rubber bands?

Crazy Man's Handcuffs is a CLASSIC in impromptu magic. It's sold here in the instant downloads section as Quantum Bandits. It's without a doubt one of my favorite tricks, since I can carry it on my wrist at all times. It's totally impromptu, so you can use anyones rubberbands. Check it out and get it if you like it...because you will.

Here is another GREAT resource in rubber band magic:
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php? ... ts_id=2212

Joe is amazing and that DVD really kills. It's packed with information and is a pretty good price.
Enjoy...
~Jonton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:55 am 
Penguin

ask a friend for the biggest bill they have usualy a (5 or 20) and B-2 bomb that thing rofl , or mabe do a quick "throw the card and make it return" in the middle fo a hallway(that seems to reel in at lease 3 people), might want to preform in a tighter environment though, like in a classroom durring passing periods :P i did the B-2 today at school and i got the typical "ZOMG you devil worshiper!" (long story short lol i did some simple made- up-on-the-spot tricks in my summer school class and they all think i worship the devil and have evil powers or somehthing) haha my school dosnt allow card either but screw them! lol my teachers dont seem to mind :P especially when i do magic to them haha
P.S. good magic tricks can help you get the ladies ROFL
PPS have fun! watch your peers go crazy, theyll talk about your for weeks haha, and who dosnt like to see the old smart @$$ in the class pull out his hair beacuse he cant figure it out haha that always makes me laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:32 pm 
Penguin

daeatenone88 wrote:
ask a friend for the biggest bill they have usualy a (5 or 20) and B-2 bomb that thing rofl , or mabe do a quick "throw the card and make it return" in the middle fo a hallway(that seems to reel in at lease 3 people), might want to preform in a tighter environment though, like in a classroom durring passing periods :P I did the B-2 today at school and I got the typical "ZOMG you devil worshiper!" (long story short lol I did some simple made- up-on-the-spot tricks in my summer school class and they all think I worship the devil and have evil powers or somehthing) haha my school dosnt allow card either but screw them! lol my teachers dont seem to mind :P especially when I do magic to them haha
P.S. good magic tricks can help you get the ladies ROFL
PPS have fun! watch your peers go crazy, theyll talk about your for weeks haha, and who dosnt like to see the old smart @$$ in the class pull out his hair beacuse he cant figure it out haha that always makes me laugh

?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:57 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
cards arent allowed at my school either. that never stopped me until Mr trezise the (administrator who thinks hes really cool and everyone likes him but really everyone hates him) came up and said magics cool dude but put those cards away or ill have to suspend you man sorry give me the cards. after taht i decided to stop for a while. now im trying to find good impropto stuff for school until mr trezise decides coins are illegal to have. yes i think its hilarious watching the genius kids going crazy trying to figure ou the tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

Rldcastle has a great pen routine its not recaped but there are alot of things besides recap you can do with a pen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:45 pm 
Penguin

First off,
Hi, I am new here.

Second:
I would recomend some type of Rising Card trick, always work well at my school.
Pen tricks are good, but the crowd seems to grow very quickly and blocking the trick can be very hard. So, watch out. But if you can get the blocking down, and get up against a wall or something, you can blow their minds. (Although some stundents seem to be pretty sharp...)
Mysterious Kings are also good.
That's all the info I can give, as that's all I do at my High School now.
When the rest of my tricks come I may be able to help you out.

Hope this helps!

:P ~CDE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:19 pm 
born to perform.

don't get rising card deck. not examinable at all. I'd reccommend coin tricks like dynamic coins. I performed an erdnase change today during a game of poker and got great reactions. I do card tricks alot because lots of people in my school play poker during free classes so cards are always readily available

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:40 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
torn and restored homework

mentalism with historical dates

any math effects which utilize high school level math

cheat sheet to $100 bill switch (in case you get caught cheating)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

ive found that the best stuff is borrowed...or with an ordinary deck of cards with no setup...where everything is examinable deck can be shuffled and everything seems clean and fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:37 am 
Penguin

hundy 500 or two dollar window always gets my friends...but practice and never show it to anyone more than once.