View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for advice, just bought Watch Steal DVD Brazil &
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:23 am 
Penguin

Hi everyone. I'm not a very good magician. I've mastered the roll down flourish and the coin roll, and I do sponge magic sleight of hand. I've been doing magic off and on for 8 years now and I once owned my magic business.

I just bought Brazil's DVD on watch stealing. I had a friend magician tell me that it is VERY VERY HARD and that I wouldn't be able to do it so don't buy it. I want to prove him wrong. Please give me some advice on this effect, or opinions on how hard it is.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Here's a very surprising piece of advice. Watch the DVD. I know it may be a little extreme, but I'm sure it will give you all of the advice that you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Here's a very surprising piece of advice. Watch the DVD. I know it may be a little extreme, but I'm sure it will give you all of the advice that you need.

Shocking!

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:38 pm 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

Shocking!

Sean

I'm sure the DVD won't tell me how hard this is to do. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the hardest, how would this rate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

spacetimecont wrote:
sean_mh wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

Shocking!

Sean

I'm sure the DVD won't tell me how hard this is to do. On a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the hardest, how would this rate?

You wont know till you watch it.
I am also sure the difficulty of "stealing" varies from person to person.
It will take a lot of work and practice and alot of confidence.

Your "friend" really shouldnt be giving advice on something he knows little to knowing about.
And why do you "need" to prove him wrong. Plenty of people "steal" for entertainment purposes. Is that not enough.

Do it because you genuinlly want to learn it, not just to prove a "Friend" wrong.

You say your not very good, yet you claim to have mastered certain flurishes. And you owned a magic business?

Sorry I find this all hard to believe. You sound like a teenager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
spacetimecont wrote:
sean_mh wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

Shocking!

Sean

You wont know till you watch it.
I am also sure the difficulty of "stealing" varies from person to person.
It will take a lot of work and practice and alot of confidence.

Your "friend" really shouldnt be giving advice on something he knows little to knowing about.
And why do you "need" to prove him wrong. Plenty of people "steal" for entertainment purposes. Is that not enough.

Do it because you genuinlly want to learn it, not just to prove a "Friend" wrong.

You say your not very good, yet you claim to have mastered certain flurishes. And you owned a magic business?

Sorry I find this all hard to believe. You sound like a teenager.

Maybe not mastered. Here's a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qx-fADWgA

I did own my magic business and in case you're wondering I'm 19.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

So what was this "business?"
A shop, an agency, a consultant... ?
Did you pay taxes?

You just sound really full of yourself.

You yourself, said you werent that good, have been off and on for only 8 years... and had a business. Ya okay.

Also instead of posting topics asking questions about pickpocketing, why not wait till you get the DVD and watch it. Then ask any question that wasnt answered by the dvd. If it is a good dvd, it will answer 90% of your questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:52 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
So what was this "business?"
A shop, an agency, a consultant... ?
Did you pay taxes?

You just sound really full of yourself.

You yourself, said you werent that good, have been off and on for only 8 years... and had a business. Ya okay.

Also instead of posting topics asking questions about pickpocketing, why not wait till you get the DVD and watch it. Then ask any question that wasnt answered by the dvd. If it is a good dvd, it will answer 90% of your questions.

That's okay you don't have to believe me. It was a magic business my dad and I started called London Bridge Magic. We bought magic wholesale and sold it retail. We still have a LOT of surplus magic that wasn't sold. I can show you pictures if you want. In fact I'll take pictures of it right now.

We went to the swapmeet to sell magic and we sold online . Even though our prices were low and we couldn't afford a shop the swapmeet wasn't really the best place to sell magic. I eventually lost interest in magic for awhile (which is why I said off and On ive been interested in it, been interested in it more recently). How do you like my roll down flourish? I realize this isn't the method used in most books..it's not the bobo's or mark wilson verison. But it's still effective I can do it 80% of the time, still working on making it smoother and faster.

We would go to the swapmeet I would perform the magic at a stand and we would sell it that way. Also, sales werent that good which is another reason why things didn't sell well.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:56 pm 
Penguin

Dude give it a rest. Fallingblood is a %100 correct. Stop saying stuff that ain't true and by the way...

Watch the DVD before you ask anything.