View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: i want to know
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:55 am 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
I want a book, video, or just someone at Penguin to give an in depth description of how to really pick pocket. What type of misdirection do I use? I know about the bumping but is there anything else? Like a "slower" way. For example, if your on an elevator, what type of misdirection would you use to get into there pockets. If the person has baggy clothes, how do i tell which pocket there wallet is in? I heard someone say use only 3 fingers, how would i grab a wallet with 3 fingers. Also, how do you guys practice? On your friends or parents or something? No, im not doign this to get money and rob people. I think learning this skill will help me improve my misdirection skills. And give people a big kick when they see there wallet gone and me using it in a card to wallet routine. Thanks for any help, sorry for the long post.

Post subject: Re: i want to know
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:37 pm 
Penguin

I bought James Coats mastering the ar tof watch stealing, GREAT video now if you can steal a rolex style watch you can steal most anything, the misdirection techniques he teaches you in that video will work for any type of pickpocket magic, now he doesnt teach it, but i picked up on how to get something in the pockets and a persons cell phone just by watcing his demenstrations, his watch steal techniques are awesome as well as his misdirection, if you want a good video, i reccomend this one

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 10:15 am 
Penguin

can you tell me how to pick pocket because i dont think my mom would ever let me buy that

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:55 pm 
Penguin

lol..me either

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:25 am 
Penguin

Can some one just give me some tips?i recently got a cell phone from my friend then gave it to him and he was like freaked out. HaHa it was funny. but cell phone's are easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:53 pm 
Penguin

yah my mum wouldn't lend me her credit card either :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:25 pm 
Penguin

Same here. My Mom said to me "No! I don't want you to come home with a cop that said you were stealing!" So i don't know what to do either... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

The best method is practicing. You could learn from references like Chappy's.

Coats DVDs are ok as well...not the best but ok.

Also if you get a chance to watch Apollo perform...I recommend that.

Thank you.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:14 pm 
Penguin

lol u guys allowed to buy that????? :o i got on the spot that has some pickpocketing but not mych detail. but my mom doesn't check what i order, i just ask can i order something..... she knos im talking about magic cuz that's about all i order online. i might that pickpocketing DVD :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:00 am 
Penguin

pickpocketing is all about the art of misdirection. e.g. you tell them to look in one pocket while your hand is in there opposite pocket. hope this has helped you :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:20 pm 
born to perform.

If youreally want to pickpocket, wait til you're 18 anyway. There are plenty of cop-safe routines that can help you improve misdirection. When you are 18 your parents won't have any say over what kind of magic you buy for yourself, and people will probably be more likely to see you as a legitimate performer when you're older, and less of some punk kid who took their wallet.

Post subject: try it
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:24 am 
Penguin

pick pocket your mom purse. Or learn about Derran Brown and Hypnotize her into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:41 am 
Penguin

I do it bt finding someone who is distracted, sleeping, talking, or just has a numb butt. I make sure that my fingers don't touch any part of their pockets. If their pockets are huge, generally, you can just grab it. If they have tighter pockets, make sure you're in a crowded area, and bump into them as you grab the wallet on the sides and pull it out swiftly. DON"T YANK, or they'll feel it.