View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to pickpocketing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:27 pm 
Penguin

Hello guys. My name is Peter and this is an area of magic that i am very interested in.

This would prabably be a good place to get a good thread going for advice for beginners, and lists of things that help/teach this genre of magic.

Well i'm pretty new to magic (brand new to this site), and havn't done anything in this field. I've seen "Mastering The Art of Pickpocketing" and that was pretty helpful, but if there are more (better quality) resources that are reccomended i would be happy to have a list.

here are a few questions i have:
1- How do you guys practice
2- What are some parts that are better to start with/gain confidence
3- best ways to get them not to feel you practicly gropin their rear for their wallet.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:28 pm 
Penguin

3- best ways to get them not to feel you practicly gropin their rear for their wallet.

1- Get someone you trust (friend, relative, anyone who wouldnt think you were trying to actually steal). Ask to show them a magic trick (which most magicians have a magic trick tied with the pickpocket/steal routine) and when doing so try your move. See if they notice. If they don't, at the end ask them if they felt anything or some question like that. If they do and they say "what are you doing?", then just reply by saying "oh haha guess i need to sharpen my skills on the other half of this, then continue with your routine. But first get the moves down perfectly before attempting any steal.

2. Try a pen/sunglasses/watch steal when they are hanging out of someone's pocket. I would recommend On the Spot by Gregory Wilson, for he has a little bit about the watch steal and magic to tie in with it. But if you want a guide that only teaches the steal/pickpocket part, then search "pickpocket" in the search box.

3. Dont start off with a wallet steal if you are just starting stealing/pickpocketing magic. If you do that to a stranger and he catches you then theres a 10% chance he will take and tell a cop, 30% chance he will beat you up, 50% chance he will take and and tell you off and walk away, or 10% chance he will actually believe you. But you might want to have one hand pattin somewhere on their coat pocket or something saying "thought i saw something here" and do your swift move from behind. If you practice enough they shouldnt even feel your hand taking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 am 
Penguin

what dvd's is there on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:05 pm 
Penguin

Wel actually the best way to practice is on yourself. See if you feel anything, once you got that down practice mis direction, once thats down practice on a friend once thats down practice on sibilings, once thats down you can do it at school or in the streets. I do pickpocketing at school, or even just put pocketing. Put pocketing cards seems to work very well.(Put pocketing = put stuff in peoples pockets.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

Samisdaman672 wrote:

1- Get someone you trust (friend, relative, anyone who wouldnt think you were trying to actually steal). Ask to show them a magic trick (which most magicians have a magic trick tied with the pickpocket/steal routine) and when doing so try your move. See if they notice. If they don't, at the end ask them if they felt anything or some question like that. If they do and they say "what are you doing?", then just reply by saying "oh haha guess i need to sharpen my skills on the other half of this, then continue with your routine. But first get the moves down perfectly before attempting any steal.

2. Try a pen/sunglasses/watch steal when they are hanging out of someone's pocket. I would recommend On the Spot by Gregory Wilson, for he has a little bit about the watch steal and magic to tie in with it. But if you want a guide that only teaches the steal/pickpocket part, then search "pickpocket" in the search box.

3. Dont start off with a wallet steal if you are just starting stealing/pickpocketing magic. If you do that to a stranger and he catches you then theres a 10% chance he will take and tell a cop, 30% chance he will beat you up, 50% chance he will take and and tell you off and walk away, or 10% chance he will actually believe you. But you might want to have one hand pattin somewhere on their coat pocket or something saying "thought i saw something here" and do your swift move from behind. If you practice enough they shouldnt even feel your hand taking it.

The chace that he will believe you increases exponentially if you create a good rapport with him first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 am 
Penguin

Get some stuff of gregory wilson yeah, hes really great. Feks on the spot.