View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:13 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
Nice effect Robert, I like that idea!

Usually, I've found that hecklers fall into two major categories: the overbearing boyfriend/husband who doesn't want to look like a schmuck in front of his lady, and 11 to 16 year olds, again, usually males.

I like to first attempt to make them a part of the act, by making them an assistant or getting them on "my" side. This usually works. However, you still may get the occasional jerk, then it is best to turn the audience against them, or pull a sucker routine, where it looks like you're truly messing up, then pulling off a huge miracle.

Ultimately, remain in control. You are the performer and the pro, not the heckler. They can only put you down and ruin the show if you let them.

Peace out.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:41 am 
Penguin

i like all the ideas about dealin with em n the 3d to 2d and Ad is a class idea, ill start using that alot now.
I'm 14 and performing in front of a large group of people means youll get about 3 hecklers who think they know how to do the trick.
I like to do paper balls over the head to one of the hecklers which means everyones laughing at them cuz they completely missed it flying over em. Then finish off with darwins sucker vanish (using the thumbtip and a tissue) and just say when it goes, "and thats for all you suckers who thinks they know how to do my tricks!!!"
Big laughs, and a big round of applause, this should shut at least one of the hecklers up :D
*idea from greg wilsons 'on the spot' DVD and Darwins 'encyclopedia of thumbtip tricks(3 DVD set)*

And if you have confidence in the calssic force or a force like the hindu shuffle, force a card on a heckler eg. 3c and have a spare 3c in your pocket, when you say "show it round to everyone, just slide the extra card out your pocket (just the pips) and just wait till the heckler notices the card :D , again big laughs towards the heckler.
*idea from Paul Greens 'The Classic Force' DVD*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:00 am 
Penguin

Try getting magic where only you can do it like an example is the snapper magic trick there is a certain way to do it after you do it if they say something like "That's a fake trick" just say "Well if its so fake lets see YOU do it."they'll try,fail,and get mad because they couldn't prove you wrong and you come out master magician!!!

it works 90% of the time for me, 10% they might kick you in the leg and they take it and expose the secret. :x

PS: don't let the 10% worry you. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 am 
Penguin

On a magic forum I frequently post in, someone said that they like to have the heckler(s) pulled off to the side for a "special" trick with just them. Hand them some paper and a pen, ask them to write down any special object while you walk a few feet away and have them tell you when they are done. You tell them that you will call them over when you have "read their mind" and can tell them their object. Then never call them over and go on with the performance.

They will of course get tired of waiting, but it makes them look like a fool and will usually shut them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:14 pm 
Penguin

hand the heckler an exploding pen , then laugh at him

Post subject: Re: Lines to make a heckler go away
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:27 pm 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
Ok I want to know some lines that work on the hardest of hardcore hecklers, even a whole pack of them. I've used other lines that are fine for most people, but hecklers can b very hard so if you have a line that you like to use for hecklers post it here please. I'll post one if I think of one too.

tell him if he does not shut up you'll perform some magic to his mom.

or walk away. don't bother with hecklers. they are not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:14 am 
Penguin

lol or just classic force the heckler a card with anthrax on it and tell him before he picks a card "hope ya pick the lucky card , cause your lifes on the line" WARNING anthrax card can be highly dangerous and should not be in the reach of children under 12 , if you or your child come in contact with this card 1. rinse hands well. 2. if you still feel weird after number 1 you should be not able to read the rest of this warning by now. "fun to play with... not to eat"

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:51 pm 
Penguin

Location: Now You See It................... Unless Your Blind
sluggo wrote:
Inform them of the 'rules' before you begin, if someone breaks them tell them the shows over. They will settle the 'heckler' down themselves.

thanx this worked for me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:34 am 
born to perform.

or tell tehm you wont get called on unless you be quiet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:47 pm 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
Ok I want to know some lines that work on the hardest of hardcore hecklers, even a whole pack of them. I've used other lines that are fine for most people, but hecklers can b very hard so if you have a line that you like to use for hecklers post it here please. I'll post one if I think of one too.

mr. g wants to comment on something. i blieve people are using hecklers loosely. as in: they can't perform well, they don't know how to audiance manage, and when somebody ketches on they call them heckers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

oztheozzie wrote:
I got into a fight with a heckler once, don't do that.

did u win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:03 am 
Penguin

Ill usually get hecklers with the exploding pen, shocking pen, or something of that sort :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

If someone is persistently trying to ruin it just apologise to everyone else and pack up.

"I'm sorry, I can't perform in these conditions."

The other spectators will then sort them out. If they don't, you weren't good enough or likeable enough. Work on both.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 pm 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:

when you walk up to them: whazup wit it vanalla face. [and continue talking like borat!]