View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Magicians are just NERDS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:14 pm 
born to perform.

KrisDeagle wrote:
Just say, actually, I'm a geek. In magic, geek is a form of shocking and bizzare magic, let me show you what I mean...*then perform Sick or Thread or something*

Never had it happen though, everyone thinks it's cool.

Hahaha...I'm just picturing a horribly nerdy magician saying that. It seems totally geeky to say that and to laymen it doesn't make sense. To them, they would be thinking, "Why would geek mean "a form of shocking and bizzare magic?" Sorry but I don't think that approach would work very well...

And since we're talking about nerds and magicians, check out this sad/hilarious blog. http://www.badmagicphotos.blogspot.com Maybe you'll (meaning the whole forum, not just you Kris, I don't want any misunderstandings :) ) look at your magic photos and see them through a laymen's perspective. Is your hair, outfit, props, etc outdated? Are you still holding a top hat and rabbit? Are you making strange magic poses toward the camera? If so, change your promo photos, PLEASE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
KrisDeagle wrote:
Just say, actually, I'm a geek. In magic, geek is a form of shocking and bizzare magic, let me show you what I mean...*then perform Sick or Thread or something*

Never had it happen though, everyone thinks it's cool.

Hahaha...I'm just picturing a horribly nerdy magician saying that. It seems totally geeky to say that and to laymen it doesn't make sense. To them, they would be thinking, "Why would geek mean "a form of shocking and bizzare magic?" Sorry but I don't think that approach would work very well...

And since we're talking about nerds and magicians, check out this sad/hilarious blog. http://www.badmagicphotos.blogspot.com Maybe you'll (meaning the whole forum, not just you Kris, I don't want any misunderstandings :) ) look at your magic photos and see them through a laymen's perspective. Is your hair, outfit, props, etc outdated? Are you still holding a top hat and rabbit? Are you making strange magic poses toward the camera? If so, change your promo photos, PLEASE!

Haha, I thought it worked at the time, lol. Either way, no-one I know thinks it's nerdy so...I never use it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 am 
Penguin

evanbishop wrote:
And since we're talking about nerds and magicians, check out this sad/hilarious blog. http://www.badmagicphotos.blogspot.com . . .

Wow.
Nice find. I got a kick out of it.
But did you read the hate mail sent in.
That is really low. Cannot believe people have the nerve to post something like that.
If you're gonna defend someone, anyone, that is obviously not the way to go.
Not only do you make yourself look weak, but it makes the person being defended weak as well

As for magicians being "nerds," I prefer geek. So much cooler. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 am 
Penguin

when i broke up with this girl after three days she had her friend call me telling me that magic was lame. I simply said a much meaner version of at least i can make 300 bucks an hour without being a prostitute. And she never called back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

cHRISAKAMAGIC83 wrote:
when i broke up with this girl after three days she had her friend call me telling me that magic was lame. I simply said a much meaner version of at least i can make 300 bucks an hour without being a prostitute. And she never called back.

(Snickering)That's horrible! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 am 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
cHRISAKAMAGIC83 wrote:

Yet so very brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:02 am 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
evanbishop wrote:
cHRISAKAMAGIC83 wrote:

Yet so very brilliant.

What?! $300 / hour?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:33 am 

I know people that essentially pull somewhere between $5k and $10k for what is essentially 3 hours worth of work while on vacation. It's all in the type of show you're doing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
evanbishop wrote:
cHRISAKAMAGIC83 wrote:

Yet so very brilliant.

LOL brilliant indeed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:19 am 
Penguin

I don't mind.

Better than being a muscle-headed jock.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:35 pm 
Penguin

Haha, i call magician nerds in my performance !!!

" I do not really have a lot in common with magicians, they are, if i may say so, nerds. I am more of a geek".

I recall in Tom Mullica's Tomfoolery performance, at one point while he is doing something stupid he turns to an audience member and says "Have you ever been this close to a geek ?" to which he got a big laugh.

Magicians are geeks, there is no denying it. We sit in by ourselves, often in front of the mirror practising sleights nobody will ever see.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
jfox1111 wrote:
Some of the kids at my school are like magic is Edited. And then when i show them a trick they go how did you do that

Tell them that if it's Edited, they should have a better chance of understanding it then :)

Sean

I think I might use that sometime! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 pm 
Penguin

Hmm, people around me never said that. They find it quite cool to know magic and if they know u could do it they will ask you to show them some tricks. I don't see how are magicians nerds? O.O why would people even say that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm 
Penguin

Magicians are grown men who learned to do things when they were boys because they had no friends and had plenty of time to spend coming up with a new way to et attention. at least thats they ol sigmundi frueduski said...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:15 pm 
Penguin

Ever seen ''Mystery''?

That guy humps a prornstar/celeberty/model every day. Do nerds do those kinda things? He achieves this through NLP and magic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next