View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is it just me, or is this guy retarted.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:32 pm 
Penguin

I once bought psychokinetic silverware ,once i got good at it i started preforming it in school, then there was this one kid who was really trying to figure it out, he was a heckler,at first he just made some false explanations that just dont work. After two weeks, to my suprise, he came to school with the DVD in his hand. He said that he looked in the internet for metal bending tricks and that he bought it from the internet. He said he is going to tell evreyone the secret. I was like "You spent your $25 on a magic trick DVD that you will reveal to everyone anyway." :roll: He said exactly. Now he is letting other people borrow the dvd so they can learn it for free. Im am a bit annoyed,but this dude needs to get a life. :? Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:52 pm 
born to perform.

That is a bit of a strange guy. You could just be unlucky, or it could be a problem with your presentation. Effects such as metal bending, or indeed magic in general, really shouldn't give people the impression that it is a puzzle they must solve. I guess you'll have to give the metal bending a break for a while but I suggest you look at what you can do to make your presentation more magical.

Some people, especially young people, can be particularly stubborn. With them it is important not to give the impression of insulting their intelligence, or this sort of thing will happen.

Hard luck, don't let it put you off too much, be more careful next time.

One last suggestion- though it doesn't seem to be what happened here, don't mention the name of the effect, that not only brings it down to an individual trick you have bought but will help them find it if they want to. Don't imitate the guy selling the trick, the real-world presentation needs to be different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:12 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
Manic,

He never told the kid the name of the effect, atleast to what he wrote, the kid searched for metal-bending tricks, and just happend to pick the one that he performed...

The nerve of some people... Honestly, i wouldnt perform for this child...

-magicman135

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:37 am 
born to perform.

MagicMan135 wrote:
Manic,

He never told the kid the name of the effect, atleast to what he wrote,

I know. It was just a related piece of advice. If you look at what's happened here, a magician has sold an effect to a spectator. To me that suggests that their handling is too much like a shop or demo video trying to sell you the effect.

bonnik10 could have been genuinely unlucky and got someone with whom that would have happened anyway, but that's very unlikely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:39 am 
born to perform.

Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
Manic, what you are saying is very true. It could have been the case. We dont know, unless we were actually their. The way bonnik described it was that he did the effect, and some idiotic child went on the internet searching for hours until he found a dvd that just so happend to be the one he performed earlier...

Again, we dont know what really happend or anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:41 am 
born to perform.

Would be nice to get some more info from him really...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:58 am 
Penguin

I never told him the name of the effect, i never expected something like this would happen,as like what maniac_b said, it was very unlikely....But it happened. :(