View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: What do you say when...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:05 pm 

same thing that's in my head, nothing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:16 pm 
Penguin

Thats a good one bravesaint. Mine is "Yes, I have another hand"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:17 pm 
born to perform.

I actually had this happen the other day. After doing papaerclipped for some people, Diana (co-worker) asked whatcha got in your other hand. :) I already ditched my 'gimmick'. I said somethign to the effect of, "In this hand, I have Magic. When I hold it up..."I held up my hand. "It tingles." Then I'd giggle while keeping my hand closed and shaking it. "Do you want to see the magic within?" I then grabbed a spongeball in another hand. while they were concentrating on my closed fist. "Watch As I shake the magic out of this hand into my other." I then shook that hand over as if I were shaking salt. I opened my hand and said. See the magic is gone from that hand and in the other. Look..." Then it was a nice intro into a short two sponge-spongeball routine. Afterwards, Diana came up to me and said in a very flirtatious , "I hate you." ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:17 pm 
Penguin

haha, nice one. As an out, do you have a typical way that you ditch the object when you're getting heat?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

I actually had this happen the other day. After doing papaerclipped for some people, Diana (co-worker) asked whatcha got in your other hand. :) I already ditched my 'gimmick'. I said somethign to the effect of, "In this hand, I have Magic. When I hold it up..."I held up my hand. "It tingles." Then I'd giggle while keeping my hand closed and shaking it. "Do you want to see the magic within?" I then grabbed a spongeball in another hand. while they were concentrating on my closed fist. "Watch As I shake the magic out of this hand into my other." I then shook that hand over as if I were shaking salt. I opened my hand and said. See the magic is gone from that hand and in the other. Look..." Then it was a nice intro into a short two sponge-spongeball routine. Afterwards, Diana came up to me and said in a very flirtatious , "I hate you." ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

Usually when ditching something I just look at my other hand. That usually works (for me) Or I wait for a good moment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:48 pm 
born to perform.

Sometimes I look at my other hand, then forget what I'm doing with the hand I'm ditching with.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:45 am 
Penguin

In a really bad situation to ditch things you can always just go into your pocket nice and visually, ditch whatever it is in there and take out a pen or something using it like a magic wand. You can also larn to sleeve and wahtnot, lots of possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

I make sure that never happens by ditching the thing before I show the huge effect, or, if Im really stuck, I shove the finished product, for example in paperclipped the signed card, in the specs face for examination. As they watch me hand it to them I quickly shove whatever in my pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:27 am 

I usually ditch on the offbeat...right after they witness the miracle but before they start questioning it. Usually, I hit them with a miracle, and while their still processing it I will refer them to something, like "Do you see anything, any breaks or tears?" or something like that while pointing to the "clean" object.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:41 pm 
Penguin

not that it never happens, but be aware of the power of misdirection. It can be with your eyes, or body language, or a noise. If your one hand is "dirty" you might try using it to hold a magic wand or anything else that might actually be beneficial in performing your illusion. A pencil, magic powder, anything. Openly clean-up that hand as quickly as possible by having a "need" to go into that pocket for ANYTHING that might help you continue. As the magician, you feel that EVERYONE knows what is in that hand. Be confident. Keep moving. By the time that some people are figuring out what you did with what you were holding out...you are steps ahead and they wont go back to it. Practice in front of a mirror...repeatedly. Video yourself if possible. You'll be your biggest critic. Most of your audience doesnt care how it happens. They just want to be entertained. Have fun

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:36 pm 
Penguin

I like to reach into my pocket for a little "magic dust". Lets you ditch, and you can add to the performance of it all. You would be amazed how many people actually start to question the existence of "magic dust". I mean really... how else could we be doing it? =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:03 am 
Penguin

What's in my other hand? I would show you but I am embareassed about my stigmata! Use a Topit people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:43 pm 
born to perform.

ive mastered things like pocketing and using way big misdirection.

Lennart Green said that when one hand has focus, your other can basically commit murder. Im a big believer in that

by the way, wats a Topit?