View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What to say When a Spec Reveals
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, I did try a search but I did not find anything. I didn't know what to search for but I tried anyways. I want to do more magic at school but if somebody figures it out or if they know, what do you say when they yell it out in front of everyone or tells everyone when I'm not around. Also what would I say if someone came up to me and said "I know how you do that!" and then tell me excactly ho w I did it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

This has been discussed numerous times, but I can understand why it may be hard to find in a search. Maybe someone else can supply another thread. But if you perform in school, you will run into those problems. I just find that not doing magic in school is a good option. And if you do, just pick your crowds smartly. Women make better audiences. Don't perform for cocky people (they seem to like to expose).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:51 pm 
Penguin

i perform at school alot, people expect me to show them a new trick every day, I do not perform infront of more than three people. Its best only to show to girls because guys are cocky and get very jealous and try every way to figure the trick out. DO NOT show a trick more than once. At school people will look from every possible angle. If somebody does say how its done, tell them "ok lets see you do it" and never show them the trick again no matter how much they ask

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:42 pm 
Penguin

I say "You know, I think I'll try it that way next time. Much easier, thanks."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:13 am 
Penguin

They Say: "I know how you did that!"
I Say: "Me too."
and move along

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:03 pm 
Penguin

i do magic at my school and it pisses me off when people are like "i know what you did" "i know how you did it" but i think im going to use the " ok lets see you do it" line thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:54 pm 
Penguin

Them "I know how you did that!"
Me, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... don't tell me, I'm still trying to figure it out myself."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 am 
Penguin

Khuldrin wrote:
Me, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... don't tell me, I'm still trying to figure it out myself."

I like that one.... great.

Post subject: do this
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:02 pm 
Penguin

what i say is shut up and then thay usually put there head down in discrase and cry. it works all the time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:35 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
This has been discussed numerous times, but I can understand why it may be hard to find in a search. Maybe someone else can supply another thread. But if you perform in school, you will run into those problems. I just find that not doing magic in school is a good option. And if you do, just pick your crowds smartly. Women make better audiences. Don't perform for cocky people (they seem to like to expose).

I definitely agree with women being better audiences. All the guys I do it on "think" they know how it is done, or just try to steal the trick. Women always start screaming and batting there arms. Good stuff imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:55 pm 
Penguin

Khuldrin wrote:

awsome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 pm 
Penguin

mxpx64001 wrote:
i perform at school alot, people expect me to show them a new trick every day, I do not perform infront of more than three people. Its best only to show to girls because guys are cocky and get very jealous and try every way to figure the trick out. DO NOT show a trick more than once. At school people will look from every possible angle. If somebody does say how its done, tell them "ok lets see you do it" and never show them the trick again no matter how much they ask

Best advice.

Ever.

Sadly, I had to learn this from personal experience, but it was at church. My friends also bug the crap out of me for magic sometimes, too. If they see me with a deck they say "DO A TRICK GOGOGOGO."

Also, there are two sweet responses above. Im going to write those down and keep them in my back pocket. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:00 am 
born to perform.

mxpx64001 wrote:

I'm going to have to contradict on a few things, though I agree on being stubborn about repetition.

Well, when I was at school I performed very rarely, and then to about half a class, all boys (it was a boys' school), semi-surrounded. I would NEVER say 'ok let's see you do it' because you are making a confrontational challenge of it, which isn't what you want, and there is always a danger they will be able to do it well enough to demonstrate that their concept works. There were some scarily clever people in my classes, and it would have been arrogant to assume they were wrong even if my technique had been perfect. Sometimes people will say they knew how something was done, or throw out a theory. To 'I know how that's done!' I would just meet their eye a moment, nod slightly to acknowledge that they may indeed know, and move on. To a theory, I would either ignore it, or, if it's quite a good one (correct or incorrect) say 'Hmm. I see that could work, yes.'

Claiming to be the real thing around people that know you is foolishness, as is becoming a regular 'trick monkey'. The secret is to do it infrequently enough that it feels like a bit of a treat. This will get you more respect when performing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 am 
Emperor Penguin

If they say, "I know how it's done!" I will say, "So do I." However, if they blurt out the method in front of everybody, I will either say "Well thanks for ruining our fun.", "Could you please leave? I can't perform very well with you telling everyone how it works.", or "Hmm, that could work, too."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:28 am 
Penguin

I have a question regarding this issue:

performing at school is a bad idea and I am fully aware of that, but where can I get performance experience thats not school?

thanks to whoever responds (if anyone responds)

conman54- 8)