View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:44 am 
born to perform.

madferits description of weasels couldnt be more right one of them saw my stealth pen gimmick from behind and blurted out the secret thankfully i dodged the gimmick no one believed him haha sucker :P people like that dont get anywhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:23 am 
Penguin

There is one thing I do that will shut the heckler up, the Aduience may get a little aggrivated but everyone laughed when I pulled it the first time.

I am like, " Hey you like attention? Good I need an assistent for this one ".. I wait a few seconds then start dealing cards one by one with him in front of me, and I play it up " This one is really hard, but Really cool!" and patter on then on the last card square up the deck give them a real a glare and put the cards in there case and say " I dont like you enough to do the trick, you were a great help at reversing my deck though!" Then proceede on to a card trick with another person...

*WARNING!*; he left the building with his face red and eyes tearing from everyone laughing at him.

One liners;

If some one snatches at your hand, " Um, I am not like that. thats cool if you are hey nothing against it but please dude."

If a girl grabs your hand, Smile and take her hand ( drop the coin in a finger palm and take her hand hold it with your thumb where she wont try to do anything funny ) " Aww you wanted to hold my hand, hey wanna go out for coffee later? " ( takeing her hand also kills suspicion about the coin being there from the other spectators.

If some one snatches a trick casually reach over whisper loud enough for the room to here, " There is therapy for that, People go there for being kleptos not so diffrent from your self"

and if some one forces a trick from you;
" If you wanna know it that bad give it to me I will show you" When he gives it quickly pocket it wink at him and say " Never trust a magician "

If some one is giving you a hard time take gold coin ( specialy for the girls the hate it ) and preform a coin switch asking one of them to hold it, then drop a half dollar or a sentavo in there hands pull the gold from one of there shirts smile and ask " You really did not think I was ganna let you have a gold coin after you -what ever the done-" That makes the sooooo angry it is funny!

I am 13, living in a small town in alabama witha bunch of know it alls,
I JUST recently have found a magic shop in dothan, so I really have focused on my Coin/Card magic and my patter because I dont have to many gimmicks :( ( I dont much like gimmicks I like the slight of hand ) I have used the magic rods/ coin squeez / scotch and soda / penny and dime/ and I use a stripper deck ( I carry the stripper deck for the smart mouths that kill my tricks, the always winde up with there foot in there mouth )

and as for the gold coin thing erm.. I use a St. Gauden 20$ piece ( replica ) the are fairly cheap 55-500.

My theory on gold which as been proven right by many spectators..

When some one sees silver the think " coin, whats the trick" Well when a person sees gold the think " What is that!?" and the start to think subconciusly about where the coin should be, therefor allowing the magic to have more of an effect because the forget that it is a trick and the start thinking like a child again and that adds magic effect.

Another thing to do with a gold coin use magicians wax, or clear tape and tape a small bag of gold glitter to your palm ( the one that is spose to take the coin in the french drop) Express that you are the strongest man in the world -do the drop- and squeeze the bag with gold glitter, then after it pops throw it into the air the will watch the glitter not your hands pocket that hand to get read of the bag, all while catching some of the glitter, the express you are going to form it back into shape.
I act like it is not working I am just not magical enough then bring up "Magic in a young girls heart" and have the girl blow on my hand then reveal the coin. ( BIG reactions if done right )

an alternant verson is your take a bag of gold glitter, and you poor it into your hand (with your hand secretly palming the gold coin ) start talking about how you have practcied to be a conjuerer if the dont know what it is tell them about it... - with the coin covered with glitter turn to your side so the see a profile view, then blow the glitter out of your hand, leaving only the coin!

Sorry about all the confused typing should have done this tomarrow.. I will try to give better explanation on yahoo messenger... msg:
Insomniac1990 and I will try to get back with you soon as I can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:36 am 
born to perform.

Mayo, what an awesome reply!!

Seriously that must have taken at least 10 minutes to think of that =0
Very helpful :D

I liked the glitter routines (if you wanna call them that :))

And welcome to Penguin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:08 am 
Penguin

I showed a group of 4 people the invisible deck among other tricks and one of them actually knew the secret. Now what are the odds of that happening? Apparently a magician friend of his exposed it to him before and he explained it to the rest of them. Not a very encouraging for a first performance :(

Post subject: Re: what if someone auctually yells out the secret
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:43 am 
born to perform.

Nubz_Kustomz_30813 wrote:
im 15 im in buisness class right now, and i allways bring my 3 in one quarter, and after the band broke, a classmate told the officials have something i'm not supposed to , anyways they made me empty my pockets, and when i had to explain why the quarter is thw way it was, than the classmate had my secret, and now everytime i show it to like someone i don't know , considering he know them either, he runs up and tell them my secret. and it makes me soooooooooooo mad and i almost got iss for hitting him but i got out of it. but, ts people like that that completely suck
Make fun of him or set him up.put something in his locker then tell the princible that he tried selling you something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:31 pm 
born to perform.

I would avoid doing that trick for a while...considering that everyone knows it for now. But all this will eventually die down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:58 am 
born to perform.

This makes me sooooooooo mad just reading about it, I HATE THEM ALSO NOW!!!! TIME TO BEAT THE RUBBISH OUT OF MY PLUSH TOY!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Try Scotch and Soda
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:34 am 
Penguin

Try the Scotch and Soda; the effect happens in the spectator's hands, and when it's over, you're clean. I've gotten pretty good results from it, and it's been around for years. I still get people screaming or thinking I'm possessed, somewhat the results Blaine gets on tv. Also, the Raven would be another one to try, it's awesome.

Post subject: have several methods
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:42 pm 
Penguin

ok if you vansih a silk with the thumbtip , i know i knwo a lot of the lay public is hip to the tip so if your gonna use the tip try to be a lil more creative but jsut an example here ok many ways to vanish a silk for instance say i use the tip i make it vnaish . someone says hey he has a rubber thumb .well have a pull on you then that way you can say no then reach in your pocket ditch the tip pull out the silk and have the pull in the other hand and use that but make it look the same then you can say say no the hand is rubber the thumb is real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:21 pm 
Penguin

All this just reminds me about the root to the problem....

NEVER EVER reveal your secrets...

Secrets that are known by laymen (only lay people would bust a trick in the middle of a performance; dun think any magician spectator would do that) are told to them by other laymen who got their info from magicians.

So the next time you feel like telling them the secret of some magic which you are performing, even to girlfriends boyfriends etc...DON'T....just think of the experiences you had when someone busted your moves...their magician boyfriend told them...

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 pm 
Penguin

[quote="Elaihot"]"The only cure for people like him is birth control."quote]

Hey, I did something similar in Family Life (sex ed) a few months ago and the teacher was watching as well as a few students when the heckler tried to ruin something, so I said, "Really? Well, I should try that sometime", then I spoke softer so just the people around me could hear and said "see, Mr. (undisclosed name) was right, abstinence is very important."

Post subject: Re: what if someone auctually yells out the secret
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:12 am 
Penguin

bravesaint wrote:
I don't think violence will solve this one

The edited it won't. If he got his @ss kicked every time he acted like a jack@ss, I'm sure it wouldn't last much longer.

I'm sorry, I have NO sympathy, NO compassion, and NO patience for that type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 am 
born to perform.

You guys are 5 years late...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:17 am 
Team Penguin

I know. I love that. Somone looks at a thread that they have to scroll thru like 400 pages to get to and pretends its new... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm 
Penguin

Popchris wrote:
I know. I love that. Somone looks at a thread that they have to scroll thru like 400 pages to get to and pretends its new... lol

Lol 8) :arrow: :oops:

Last edited by ZachRandolph on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next