View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "silly rabbit tricks are for kids!"
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm 
Penguin

i had woman employee say to me "silly rabit tricks are for kids" when she hasn't even seen any cool magic tricks before. she's never even heard of criss angel!!!! and she's 22!! the only reply i could come up with was "oh yea? could a kid twist his arm 360 degrees without breaking it?" kinda dumb but yea lol.. i didnt know what to say. but she didnt say anything to that. i will show her some magic that'll make her regret she said that. but when ever she thinks i'm doing a trick, she think's its a "kids" party trick, when i'm actually trying to show her that i can change 4 $1 bills to $20 then $100's lol then she'd really think different. if only i can get her to pay attention? anyone know what to say to that "silly rabit" line and how to convince them otherwise?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ignore them. They obviously don't want to see your magic, so don't perform them. It will work out better for both of you in the end, that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:18 am 
Penguin

hey adjones, yea ur right lol i guess she'll think diferent if she happens to come across me performing a trick like liquid metal of something.. hopefully lol

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:40 am 
born to perform.

Look deep into her Eyes and with a deep solemn voice say, "HEY! This isn't a trick. It's *excrutiatingly long dramatic pause while you turn your head and then whip it back as fast as you can* Magic". :lol: If you do it overdramatically it might be funny. Good comedy is about taking chances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

Ask her if she wants to see something that transcends the mind. lol. And make sure you ask her in a dull monotone, too. That always helps :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:55 pm 
born to perform.

I don't think she was too serious. I think she was just trying to be funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:46 pm 
born to perform.

Saw her in half trick (for real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 am 
born to perform.

The topic name is a good one-liner if someone asks to see a trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:17 pm 
Penguin

I believe there's an old proverb about not casting your pearls before swine. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:09 am 
born to perform.

Do you need to show her a trick? Are you trying to impress her? If so, don't use any one-liners on her. Next time your in the same room, start to float a playing card arround, or pull a light out of the air, passing it from hand to hand. Do anything that she can't help but notice.

Post subject: Re: "silly rabbit tricks are for kids!"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:46 am 
born to perform.

Joe680 wrote:
i had woman employee say to me "silly rabit tricks are for kids" when she hasn't even seen any cool magic tricks before. she's never even heard of criss angel!!!! and she's 22!!

Joe

Oh my ! I hope someone alerted the authorities !!!!

Seriously, it's obvious she didn't want to see any magic at the time. Don't take it personally. Secondly, you saying "I'll show her some magic that will make her regret she said that". Makes you look and sound like an angry little child that got scolded. With an attitude like that, well let's just say that won't win anyone's respect. Third, don't use magic as a means to get back at someone. That doesn't make you a better magician. It makes you look like a little smart-a$$ed trixter.....nothing more.

If you want to get her on your side, you can make a joke out of her remark, and just keep it between the two of you. "Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids"! ...."Yeah. That's what I used to think, until my cousin told me she was gettin' $100.00 a trick."

Oh well just my thoughts on the subject.

Post subject: Re: "silly rabbit tricks are for kids!"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:09 am 
born to perform.

brisco wrote:
Joe680 wrote:
i had woman employee say to me "silly rabit tricks are for kids" when she hasn't even seen any cool magic tricks before. she's never even heard of criss angel!!!! and she's 22!!

Joe

Oh my ! I hope someone alerted the authorities !!!!

Seriously, it's obvious she didn't want to see any magic at the time. Don't take it personally. Secondly, you saying "I'll show her some magic that will make her regret she said that". Makes you look and sound like an angry little child that got scolded. With an attitude like that, well let's just say that won't win anyone's respect. Third, don't use magic as a means to get back at someone. That doesn't make you a better magician. It makes you look like a little smart-a$$ed trixter.....nothing more.

If you want to get her on your side, you can make a joke out of her remark, and just keep it between the two of you. "Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids"! ...."Yeah. That's what I used to think, until my cousin told me she was gettin' $100.00 a trick."Oh well just my thoughts on the subject.

That is an excellent line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

Does your co-worker happen to be 6 years old? Sounds a little immature for a 22 year old to say, so really I don't think it's worth it trying to get her on your side. Some people just won't budge on magic though. Best of luck to you.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:54 pm 
born to perform.

You could just punch her in the head?!?

Post subject: Own the frame...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:27 pm 
Penguin

Own the frame man...My guess is you might like this girl (could be wrong) but if you don't, think of what you would do if you DID like her (if you have game)...own the frame.

Laugh at the joke...its kinda funny anyway, and then just be cool... If you are good, and show other co-workers your magic, she will hear about it and probably be curious and may ask to see it. Then of course...you hit her with the "silly rabbit, tricks are for kids"... ;) ...and then you can show her. Maybe make her work for it a little.

If she doesn't ask...first off...why would you care about HER desire to see your magic? (thats why i assume you like her)

I realize there is also the very real possibility that maybe you just didn't like the comment. You took it personal somehow. Let it roll off your shoulder and realize she was just playing because A) She probably never seen good magic B) She's either flirting with you with that comment OR she's just not really interested......and well....why would you try to show a foreign film to someone who doesn't like foriegn films? NEXT!