View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: defending my coin purse. help...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 pm 
Penguin

so when people come up to me and say "hey i hear your the one who does all the cool stuff with a quarter!" and then i pull out my coin purse, well you know people (especially high schoolers), comments start flying. not that its a problem, because i just explain that its for my coins and i say "theyre very common among the magi", but i was wondering if you guys have anything witty to say that could add an extra note of humour to this situation. thanks guys! :)

Post subject: Re: defending my coin purse. help...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

no offense ive always wonder why some magicians carry around coin purses when they do coin magic.

to me theirs one way better alternative.

your pocket :) but of course if u don't want your gimmick coins being tossed around your pockets; you can buy something like the pro carrier to hold your cards and hold coins too.

i dunno coin purse looks weird to carry around to me; but that's just my opinion.

the pro carrier i use it but it looks more like a card holder not some old lay purse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:31 am 
Penguin

Try using an "invisible" coin purse (It's just the frame without the bag). Comments will likely be a bit different.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm 
Penguin

well really what i have it for is to keep them from falling out of my pocket, because i lounge around a lot. and could you send me a link to that pro carrier?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 pm 
Penguin

Just remove the bag from your current coin purse and vwala, invisible coin purse.

If you want a solution for your coins slipping out, I'd suggest using a secret pocket if you have one. If you don't, you can always sow one on.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 am 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1422

ive had mine for awhile its useful :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:01 pm 
born to perform.

Use a coin purse frame like ArchAngel_G said. Explain that the purse was your grandmothers, you still have the frame but as you see the material has long since rotted away. The coins that she kept in it were ( from different countries, old, special to her or magical ) and you can still hear them inside the purse ( use a coin rattle ), and then produce the coin or coin set that you want to use.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 am 
born to perform.

hes using the coin purse to hold his coins, if he removes the bag it kind of defeats the purpose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 am 
Penguin

I thought the issue was more the audiences reaction to the bag. "What is this? Why do you have it?" There was also mention of High School and some heckling so the invisible coin purse is simply a suggestion to change the audiences reaction. Now they will see just a frame and think it's junk as you present and patter until you miraculously pull coins out of it.

If the suggestion were to be followed, a new way to carry the coins is needed. I don't know if that carrier could work to secretly unload the coins to produce them from the frame, but I don't see why not.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

In that case make a little money bag (watch out for the dollar sign as Gene Simmons owns it, lol), and claim that you found it and comment on how the size of the bag reflects the economy. I myself have never been questioned about my coin purse, it is green and has the money sign on it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 am 
Penguin

thanks for the help guys, idk, i was kinda hoping to keep m purse tho (im broke and dont wanna buy anything :lol: ) do u have anything witty to say when they comment on it? like an out or a one-liner :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am 
Penguin

Frankly I'm confused. I have always carried a coin purse, and I'm not that old. Where do other people carry their change? Also what does it look like? Mine is a plain leather rectangle that zips along the long end. It is big enough to hold bills if they are folded in thirds.

If you are presenting the coins as 'normal' coins I'm not sure what to say. But if they are 'special' or 'magical' in any way you tell them "Where else would I keep magic coins except in this magically insulated bag?"

Or the old stand by "Your mom gave the bag to me for last night! Then run because that is a stupid thing to say.

I keep my coins in a memory card holder from a computer store. I can't let them see that... it looks very suspicious. But organizes my coins very well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:46 pm 
born to perform.

i figured he was referring to the old magicians coin purse

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4880

but if u had one that was square with a zipper; i dont think people would say that much about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:54 pm 
Penguin

yea mines kinda like tht one. and i dont really get comments on it a lot, acutally only like once, but i was just looking for a way to add humor to the situation, thankyou for the help guys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 am 
born to perform.

Hildner17 wrote:
thanks for the help guys, idk, i was kinda hoping to keep m purse tho (im broke and dont wanna buy anything :lol: ) do u have anything witty to say when they comment on it? like an out or a one-liner :wink:

Explain that you are also a professional boxer. "Not only do I have a purse, I also have this belt to prove it!" (point to your belt holding up your pants). That should do it!