View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: i messed up
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:26 pm 
Penguin

hey fellow magicians. I'm just starting out and i just recently had my first big screw up in front of my basketball team. The freakin 10 of hearts was suppose to be the 8 of hearts! hah. well anyway, if anybody has a few suggestions on how to regain my worth as a magicain, or if they want to share how they got through a similar experience, let me know, thanks guys Steve o....the magnificent

Post subject: Re: i messed up
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:08 am 
Penguin

Two words: Stripper deck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:43 pm 

Two more words : darn right

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:58 pm 
Penguin

I'm not quite sure by what you mean stripper deck. I do own one, but people don't seem to be impressed by it. What can i do to change that. let me know if you can. thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:38 pm 
Penguin

PRACTICE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:55 pm 
Penguin

I've got a different idea. Use a Svengali deck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

Svengali decks rock. Maybe something quick and easy like a coin trick, maybe quarter bite? Or something with the bat, raven, etc. Invisible deck is cool to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:04 pm 
Penguin

b wave is awsome, if your good at the story and stuff. or, multiplying sponge balls by gosh is coo to.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 5:41 pm 
Penguin

Just learn from your mistakes. What did you do that went wrong and how can you prevent it from happening again? Continuously rehearse your tricks, even the ones you know well. It's easy to forget a step, and that could ruin a performance. Also, it helps to rehearse a trick at least in your mind, before you perform. Again, so that you don't forget an important step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:08 am 
Penguin

As a suggestion, go for the mirage deck instead of the svengali, it's the same, but treated so you can fan it. (not sure if penguin carries it)
And with the stripper deck, work on being able to cut to their card, don't just strip it out, it makes the trick more obvious. Also do it under a handkerchief, behind your back, etc.
Patter can make or break even the simples self-working trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:17 pm 

If your going to rely on a gimmick deck like these people are suggesting to you to "save" you, please do yourself a favor and just go for the invisible deck. You get a great trick, and if you screw up and easy way to "come back" i.e..."this isn't the card you picked? Weird? What was it? Are you sure??? You didn't see me go into my pocket, or use anything but these cards here, did you? Well that's strange because in my other pocket I have another deck of cards, and look...one card is turned upside down..."

You go whatever way you want to go with Invisible Deck. It can be a quick and easy lifesaver (I admit, Ive had a couple screw ups where Invisible saved me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

Location: The Secret Playroom in Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch
tell them that the 8 is now their card, and turn it into a joke:) do it again, and amaze them!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:39 am 
Penguin

B_Magic wrote:
If your going to rely on a gimmick deck like these people are suggesting to you to "save" you, please do yourself a favor and just go for the invisible deck. You get a great trick, and if you screw up and easy way to "come back" i.e..."this isn't the card you picked? Weird? What was it? Are you sure??? You didn't see me go into my pocket, or use anything but these cards here, did you? Well that's strange because in my other pocket I have another deck of cards, and look...one card is turned upside down..."

You go whatever way you want to go with Invisible Deck. It can be a quick and easy lifesaver (I admit, Ive had a couple screw ups where Invisible saved me).

Now, THAT is an excellent idea! You've made it seem as if that was your intention the entire time and not some cheesy attempt at covering a mistake by getting a laugh (Which I've done more than ONCE). That's possibly the best out for a card trick that I've heard yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

two letters, DL example DB (David Blaine) " oh that wasnt it? well look if i snap it...it becomes it" that will save you if your proficient at sleight of hand. B_magic is right, i had the ID as a back up for many years, and it adds to my confidence so much that i never even need it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:27 pm 
born to perform.

Well.. do a self working trick... don't make it look self working... Hahaha... people tend to messed up, just practice heart...