View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Standard Deck called Svengali problem
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:34 am 
born to perform.

Have any of you produced a deck of card to preform a couple of tricks, & some1 in the audience says I know those cards they're the Svengali Deck (Ok, they don't usualy say that, but what they usualy say amouts to revalation of the secret & I cant reveal the secret :wink: )
I have had it numerouse times. A friend of mine came up with a gr8 retort
"Yes that's the one - but watch, I'll change it into a normal deck..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:46 am 
Penguin

i've only had one guy do that and it was a long time ago, then what ytou do after is you pull out somthing really amazing and just blow him away and then walk away. works every time 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:56 pm 
Penguin

if its a regular deck of cards, you can just make him look like an {explitive} and hand him the cards to look at as much as he wants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:35 pm 
born to perform.

pythonline wrote:
if its a regular deck of cards, you can just make him look like an {explitive} and hand him the cards to look at as much as he wants.

I dissagree. You don't want to make anyone look stupid or wrong. If anything I would try to act as stupid as possible. "A Spagetti deck? Never heard of one! Where can I get one? I can only find these darn normals decks! And believe me, these tricks are a lot harder with a normal deck! I need a break I tell ya!"

Obviously you need to think of something that fits your personality, but don't alienate a spectator by making them look stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:49 pm 
Penguin

When using a Svengali deck, try not showing all the cards the same. Ever. Just keep doing tricks, and occasionally display the fact that the cards are all different. When someones shouts out "I know how you did that!", say "So do I", and show them that all the cards are now the same. Then put the deck away. You'll make the heckler shut up, and the other people mystified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:48 pm 
born to perform.

just let them think what they want as long as they dont shout the secret, dont worry about them. also you can play mystical music for stage performances, that makes it so no one hears them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:26 pm 

do you mean they say it is a svengali when you are really using a sven. or when youre using a reg. deck. Because if its when youre using a sven, then yes, thats why i dont use it. If its a regular, then what a perfect opportunity to hand the cards out to the spectator and prove him wrong.

--DAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

ya.. i dont try to make them look stupid.. i just make myself look more godlike when i hand them a regular deck for inspection.. dont be rude about it.. i usually just say 'go ahead and take a look, u'll find no gimmicks, no tricks, just an ordinary deck with 52 different cards'...

Post subject: Another solution
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:28 pm 
Penguin

Or, say yes I allso thought that there was something wierd with this deck, and I'm glad that it wasn't just me. You s I've heard that those card can shrink, witch sounds ridiculous, but it accually happend some times. (Do a dimenision fan) say: First time I saw this I said Hey what's up, there must be something with the cards. (do a smaller one) Say: Next time I was sure the card must have been smaller (make it as small as you can) Say: edited, was I surprised when I saw that it was a regular deck. (make an ordinary fan)

Notice that I never offend the person that accually had a good point, we sometimes use a fake deck, but instead you agree with him and say that there are somthing wierd going on.
Both you, him and the audience will like this one.
Andreas

Post subject: Dimension fan?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:27 pm 
Penguin

Never heard of it... where could I learn it? :) I'm assuming it's not a trick shrinking deck but more of a handling? Yes? no? :)

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:37 pm 
Penguin

No it's not a trick deck. Just do a dimenision fan three times, the last one the smallest.