View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "Let me see that!"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:53 pm 
Penguin

What do you do after you show your trick and they ask to see the deck but you can't show them because it will reveal the secret? Any tips?

Post subject: Re: "Let me see that!"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:14 pm 
Penguin

Ignore them and start putting the deck away in your pocket and then ask them why, do they think that they can do the trick and while asking this you are just misdirecting them for a moment as you switch decks with one you have in your pocket. Or you could just tell them that it will cost them X amount of money and you will teach them the trick. I usually put the price at 3 times what I have paid. That's how I got 45 dollars for my Scotch and Soda.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:14 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
HAHA! Well, after the trick, they should be shocked, its easy for a switch then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:37 pm 
Penguin

Look at them and say "All right." Now just show them the deck and say "See it? Great!" and put it away. They'll just blink and it'll be done with. Now switch decks or whatever, or preferably do a coin trick or something not involving cards.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:39 am 
Penguin

When someone askes me or tries to grab something they shouldn't grab, (I like to call them grabbers, usually drunk or over outgoing people) I tell them to mind their hands. I say that even though I like breasts, I don't go grabbing every pair I see, I'd get a lawsuit! This, for the most part puts it in perspective for whatever audience, and I move on to another trick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:49 am 
Penguin

You could say it: "Yes, you can!" and put the deck in your pocket. If the spectador make any mention you say: "Pass Tomorrow!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:33 am 
Penguin

If you have that one guy that 'wants to see' everything... I ask him, "Did you like that one?" When he answers 'yes', continue your routine, adding..."then you're really gonna enjoy this one". He'll normally be content to sit back and watch the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:39 am 
born to perform.

Rkurtz cmon man go read the magicians code. That's revealing to a laymen. How could you do that and take the mystery out of it. _Nick_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:55 pm 
born to perform.

The same way any magic shop sells their products after giving the customer a demo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:01 pm 
Penguin

"if i let you see it, i'd have to kill you. of course, i told that to a guy last week and he wanted me to show his wife" *ta dumph tssshhh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:46 am 
Penguin

you know... i do tricks first on my parents... but my dad ruined a trick for me... yesterday.
It begins with a palmed card... i my dad asked me from the begining: let me see your hands. I was stoned :evil:
What you do in these cases?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:11 pm 
Penguin

nastyd wrote:
you know... i do tricks first on my parents... but my dad ruined a trick for me... yesterday.
It begins with a palmed card... i my dad asked me from the begining: let me see your hands. I was stoned :evil:

Here's a hint: Don't do magic when you're stoned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:13 pm 
born to perform.

LOL!

Quote:

Drop the card, smack him in the face, and run like heaven!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:29 pm 
Penguin

Say, "Ah, you've picked up on the old palmed card, one of the oldest effects in magic. Some people don't pick that up, you have a nack for magic! But let's see if you can spot anything in my next trick." -that's a good recovery, just make them think you were waiting for them to ask to see your hands, they won't think anything of it and it gives you a chance to get the next trick going without breaking your stride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:35 pm 
Penguin

nastyd wrote:

I run into this alot with my kids and friends. Because you have an informal relationship, they are obviously more hostile spectators (in a friendly way... e.g. whats in that hand, can i see the card, let me hold it, etc.) I usually stop the inquiring chatter by reminding them that

" This ....is a Magic Show "...pause...look them deeply in the eye and smile and say... " not a Magic Schooool."

Give it a go... It's funny; They all laugh and leave you alone after that. Works everytime for me. Its a funny non hostile face saving out.