View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: two card montie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:59 pm 
Penguin

hey now for everybody who knows what this trick is this is for you. now when u do the trick when you give the person your doing the trick to your card what if they say "Can I see the card?'' What are you supposed to say then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:09 pm 
born to perform.

You, of course, do not want this to happen. There are ways to handle this. You might just say to them, "Now, now, you do not want to spoil the surprise, do you?" There are also some subtle ways to keep the person from looking. You could make them put there fingers in a specific position to hold the cards. Make them hold this position for several seconds before you put the card in their hand. (This is surprisingly effective. I have had people sit with there hands in awkward positions for several minutes waiting for some card.) Then when you give them the card, hold your hand above it, while pattering, to keep them from looking too early.

But if someone is going to screw up the trick, it doesn't hurt you. The first card you put in their hand is really the card you say it is, so if they look, so what? Even if they look later, after you have given them the wrong card, exclaim something like, "my God, you changed the card!" or some other such thing. But really, this is just spoiling the trick for them--they can't really discover anything about the trick, since you are going to let them look at the card later anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

i saw a site that sold this trick for 17 bucks!!!! wut were they thinking!!!!!?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:30 pm 
Penguin

Scorpio wrote:
i saw a site that sold this trick for 17 bucks!!!! wut were they thinking!!!!!?!!

I was a sucker that bought that same video for $17, oh dear! I just stumbled across the site (AGES ago) and saw the video, thought "whoa cool!" and stumped up the cash. I didn't know how simple the trick was at the time, and that I could have spent $17 SOOOOO much better... oh well, we live and learn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

i know how it feels to waste money... i bought Star Wars Bounty Hunter for 40 bucks, played it once or twice but it suked so much i couldn't play it or i would get headaches...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:43 pm 
born to perform.

I think you can find 2 card monte online for free now lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:32 pm 
Penguin

when i do the two card monty I patter as if it were a memory game. I simply tell them to remember the cards in thier hand and not turn thier hand over. It sounds like it would be suspicious, but it has worked every time.

Post subject: Re: two card montie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:59 pm 
born to perform.

damagicboy wrote:
hey now for everybody who knows what this trick is this is for you. now when u do the trick when you give the person your doing the trick to your card what if they say "Can I see the card?'' What are you supposed to say then?

Say: You are supposed to guess here, so if you look at the card, your cheating ( or something like that ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:34 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, buying it was a rip off, especially considering I figured out how to do it by watching the david blaine special where he does it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:55 pm 
Penguin

I've actually devised a way to always have the two starter cards until the very end, no extra moves are needed, just a little extension. If you want more details just PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:38 pm 
Penguin

david blaine does one of two things... he'll say "without looking, what is that card..." or he'll show the one he took and they never ask...

i've had people look and know one had changed... and still didn't know the other had...

if you do it fast enough, they don't have time to ask...

but... if they do ask... just toss the other card in real quick and say... sure. it's only a split second...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:51 am 
born to perform.

lets finish first :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:45 pm 
Penguin

Here is a perfect solution! Works for me every single time...

Instead of guising the trick under the cover of a "two card monte"... patter it up as a "memory game"... "can you remember which card is going where"... this gives you perfect motivation for saying, "ok, now you know which is where, so don't look til the end cause we're testing your memory reflexes." I've never had it fail since adopting that patter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

i just kind a hold their wrist. not too tight. not too fake. its works everytime

Post subject: Two Card Monte
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:11 pm 
Penguin

I will never let this happen because after I switched my card with him, I will instantly say, "Without looking, Which one do you think is queen of diamond and which one is queen of spades?" So he has no chance to ask but only answer :lol: