View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1st show ever
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:29 pm 
Penguin

hey my first show will be on Sat. Oct 18. and my trick list is:
1. Biddle

2. Quantum Bandits

3. Triumph(Not the Penguin magic instant.- I am using the Zorrow shuffle)

4. cut and restored ropes

5. Invsi Deck

6. the Matrix

7. In a Flash

Now since this is going to be my first show can some people help me outs please. I need an out for every trick..... Thank you and please reply as soon as possible. P.S about 20-30 people will be attending and I would like if the outs be solid and good the lines that others have used in times when you guys messed up......

Last edited by krazyaklo on Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

If you need to out every one, you may wanna wait a while before doing your first show :wink:

But here's a few ideas:

Quantam Bandits: Don't see how you can goof it up but if something goes wrong, either a) Make a joke about your bands not being quite as magical today or, b) Blame it on the spec, and get another to help you.

Invisible Deck: There is no need for this but, if you DO flash a card (you know what I mean), and they SURELY see it, you can ask them, "Is that the card?" It's not...close the deck, shake it (or whatever) and now the next turned over card they see IS their card. Then you can switch up, and use the first card for you're next trick, saying "It wants to be used, thats what happened."

Ahh man, as for the others...I really don't see how bad they can go...shouldn't need outs for ANY of these, but thats all I can think of. Hope I helped man. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:12 pm 
born to perform.

That's pretty soon. I hope you have the whole thing routined and rehearsed. If you are just going "Well, that trick is done. For my next trick..." then it won't work so well. Make them blend somehow.

One thing I wanted to say: you will probably be better off if you don't blame your volunteer when a trick goes wrong. They were nice enough to assist you with the trick, afterall.

Bytheway, I like the Invisible deck idea, Madferit. If you accidently "flash" more than one card, then take all of them out, put them on the table, (remember which one is theirs) and use the magician's choice to narrow it down to their card.

Just in case.

Good luck with your show.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:32 pm 
Penguin

how can i go from one trick to another if my tricks are going great and nothing is going wrong, then hoe should i shift into tricks if i do mess up the trick before?(give detail in your replies)

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:49 pm 
born to perform.

krazyaklo wrote:
how can i go from one trick to another if my tricks are going great and nothing is going wrong, then hoe should i shift into tricks if i do mess up the trick before?(give detail in your replies)

1. Biddle
2. Quantum Bandits
3. Triumph(Not the Penguin magic instant.- I am using the Zorrow shuffle)
4. cut and restored ropes
5. Invsi Deck
6. the Matrix
7. In a Flash

Well...for instance. All of the tricks you listed above involve cards, except for two. You may wish to change the sequence of those effects, or even replace some of them. How will you go from the invisible deck to the matrix? The audience will expect you to use the cards from the invisible deck.

So you might want to move some stuff around.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

Jamberry that idea for invisble deck is WAY BETTER than mine. lol, I'd say use jamberrys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:09 pm 
born to perform.

i usually say,hmmm i must have left it like that from the last [erfomance...

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:28 am 
Penguin

how can i change the act in a way where i can smothley transition in betwene tricks without a hitch? and what would i do or say during this change from trick to trick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:23 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
don't have all these effects, so can only guess on a few, but here is a suggestion for your routine.

start with "In a Flash", but the deck should be bound with some rubber bands.

take off the rubber bands and do quantim bandits (I'm assuming this is the same as Crazy man's handcuffs, i.e., rubber band penetration)

now, you have a reason for using the rubber bands. after the trick, do "in a flash".

put the deck away, say you can't use this anymore as half of it has a hole through it. take out 2 (or 3) (or 4) other coins (or a "camaflouge coin") or whatever you need to do matrix. (I don't know which version, nor which method you are using).

take out the deck, and do some card tricks like triumph and biddle (I'm assuming "biddle" is a card trick) And I am assuming that you are using impromptue methods, not gimmicks.

put the cards away and say for your last trick, you would like to do a classic trick in magic. Play this up about how DC almost lost a gig because it is so hard and he had trouble getting it right, so you don't know if it will work out as you are still just a beginner and so on...
Take out your rope and do "cut and restored". (I would recommend that you learn a little more and do a little rope routine. One effect means "trick" or gimmick; a routine means "magic")

Put the ropes away, and then say that because the audience was so good, you would like to show them one more thing that you are still working on. pull out the invisible deck and have at it.

this is only a suggestion as to make your routine smooth and that the sequence of tricks makes sense to the audience. tell me what you thought about this suggestion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:28 am 
born to perform.

Location: asylum Occupation: unemployed Hobbies: full-contact origami
I would also like to add that the routine i suggested could easily be completed in under 10 minutes, or last up to an hour. it all depends on you, your patter, and how well your audience responds.

good luck with your show

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:28 pm 
Penguin

thank you all for your help and please help me with more tips if you can i have changed the date of the show to Next Sat seeing how thier only family and its not a paied show and that i need more routining practice.
Please help me as much as you can seeing how im new at this show type thing. I very much apprechate this.(spelling may be incorrect)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:03 pm 

well a few things... somehow tie things together, and work in those fun deck switches

try to learn some coin productions for like before the matrix

i need to thin more on it so ill get back to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:25 pm 
born to perform.

Well, here is my advice for a routine.

Start with Invisible Deck. This will give the audience a note that you are not just some kid doing some tricks that you learned from an uncle, but someone who can do powerful magic tricks. Put the deck away. Bring out four cards from your pocket that are wrapped in rubber bands. Do the Matrix. Use the rubber bands to do Crazy Mans Handcuffs(Quantam Bandits). Bring out an ungimmicked deck(when you put the Invisible Deck away that gave you a chance to do a deck switch.) Do the Biddle Trick. Then do Triumph. Put the deck away again, giving you an oppurtunity for another deck switch. Do the Cut and Restored Ropes. Bring out the deck(supposedly the same one) and finish up with In a Flash. That routine gives variety and doesn't do all the card tricks at once.