View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: looking at the angles
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:05 pm 
born to perform.

what do you do when you are about to start a trick and the person is looking at all the angles. i tried to do lethal tender to a buddy and he was looking all around the coin before i did the trick and i couldnt do it b/c he found something he wasnt supposed to see. he just had to look at all sides of the trick. what could i do in this situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:38 pm 
Penguin

When I get a helpful spectator like that, I fumble my words, pause for a few seconds, then say I forgot how to do it and I'll need more practice. If I'm using a gimmicked effect, I should add...then I'll bust out my cards and they can burn my hands all they want :lol:

Pj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:48 pm 
Penguin

Realize your audience. Control your audience, or get a new audience. "Angles" on Lethal Tender is a new one. I have performed the trick literally hunderds of times for thousands of people, and never once worried about the angles, except the one from my perspective.

That's not to say that I haven't had inquisitive people- "why is this card weird", or "let me examine everything first" type people. The key is control. What the eye sees, the mind believes- so if they want to see more, they're not ready to believe yet. Enough of the philisophical mumbo-jumbo, let me help you with Lethal Tender.

1: If one wants to examine everything, then let them. Simply palm the gimmick. 2: If the card is making people suspicious, put it in the other section, where it can't be seen. An examination of the wallet will result in it's discovery, but just shrug it off as if it's of no importance. 3: Don't present gimmicked tricks first! People not in the right state of mind will realize that there is something strange, and call you on it. 4: Practice on your magic. Not just the trick, put the magic part of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:26 am 
Penguin

Well I smoke and foun and new way to do it. First I put the card in the pack of smokes (it fits well) the put a coin just like the top coin in the box then tap the box on top open the box still the coin on the bottom when you poor the coin out of the box. :lol: But I had to put a mag inside the box. But that is just me. Holler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:43 am 
born to perform.

Give them something to hold because that takes their attention off your trick.
This may not always work...but it works a lot of the times for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:19 pm 
born to perform.

"Here. You hold this penny" Now watch this trick." After the trick, they'll say,"What was the penny for?" Then you say, "Oh, I thought I should pay you for enduring the horrible trick." Let them keep the penny.