View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Heckler Shutdown
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:42 pm 
Penguin

An idea to shutdown a heckler....

I was doing a Torn and Restored Newspaper (Anderson) routine for several co-workers the other day and as I started to explain what I was going to do I got "heckled". Like I wasnt nervous enough!

This co-worker starting in on "I see some glue", "Let me see the paper", "Whats that hiding in the paper" etc. All the fun comments that people say to throw you off.

So I simply said to the other 6-8 guys... " Hey, there are two types of people in this world. One kind sits back and enjoys a magic trick and becomes entertained. The other kind feels compelled to try and figure out or solve how the trick is completed." Then I said... "This isnt a mental competition.. its for your enjoyment. Now would everyone like to see a neat trick I have been practicing for the last 6 weeks, or do we want to hear "Eric" heckle me. I then said " Having said that can I continue "Eric"."

He shut up. Its too bad you cant filter out the two "kinds" in an audience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:20 pm 
born to perform.

Unfortunately, there will be poeple who will do that, all you can do is hope that there wont be any rude ones. My sister is one of those people, so that cuts down the family shows, and my grandpa too. But, what you can do to fight it is carry a trick that looks so obvious, but it is a different method. i had my sister once figure out one of my tricks, and i pulled out "quick silver" from on the spot, and that was it, when she found it in her watch, she was freaked. Also, i did the over the head one to get her back, everyone was laughing at her, it was sooooo funny.

Post subject: not in your own land
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:56 pm 
Penguin

ok now im not religious but i got to give it to Jesus he said to his disiples that no man is a prophet in his own land . meaning that to your friends and co workers your just some idiot wasting his time doing lil card tricks but to someone who dont know you , they dont know if your acting or being yourself or if you might practice occult arts or what ever people whoi know us are more comfy to heckle us its natural, not saying its right . i have noticed this in my everyday situations .at a party my friends joke and say ah ha cheap trick its all good though but if theres someone there who dont know me i milk it for all its worth , and ussally if your working youll come across diff people . but there will allways be hecklers out there jsut do what Darwin says in strong magic dont even ackn thier existance , cause the heckler wants the attention if you dont give in to him ussally he will calm down or the crowd will get rid of him .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:35 pm 
Penguin

My uncle dose a torn and restorn effect and, He was at his office and a few people were reading there news paper then came up to him and started telling him to rip it up and he said, No not now I am a little busy.

But the kept on heckling him, so he smiled and said, " You want me to rip your newspaper?" the were like YEAH YEAH!. So he took it then ripped it a few times then from the folded paper he pulled straight up and the rips made like a christmas tree, and he handed it back to guy by the truck.

A little mean, but stopped them from heckling him heh?