View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:54 pm 
Penguin

Flip I didnt know how to do that for a while. My friend showed me that trick I just figured it out because I knew similiar tricks. I knew all these tricks he did I was just like how did he do that? But then I figured it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:48 pm 
born to perform.

Doug Conn has created an effect that looks like the 21 Card Trick but it really fools spectators who know the effect because there is a very cool twist in it...

It can be found on his CD-Book: Tricks Of My Trade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:29 pm 
Penguin

To all real magicians who have an open mind... A good magician friend of mine acctually challenged me to come up with an elaborate 5 minute routine for the 21 card trick that is acctually entertaining. I have taken the challenge and might post the resulting patter here when I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:07 pm 
Penguin

Every time i do card tricks and my cousin jesus is there he attemps to do this 21 card trick he is only 9 years old and doesn't have a clue what he is doing. always gets it wrong and makes it very long and boring. then i gotta pickup everyones attention again. wake em up.

I always wondered [edited] he was trying to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:10 am 
born to perform.

I'm trying to plan out my performances. I was sequencing 5 tricks at a time. I try to make the set follow an order: cool trick, ok trick, neat trick, ok trick, awesome trick. Does the 3 rows of 7 count as an ok trick? Should I use it, or abandon it? What would you do? I like the trick better as 5 rows of 5. Yes, a lot of people have seen and performed the trick, but there are always some that haven't seen it. I enjoy their amazement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:35 pm 
Penguin

This is an idea I adopted when I used to do the "21 Card Trick" *shudder*. I'd perform the trick but at the end I'd say that alot of people know abracadabra is the magic word but not many know it is a magic word. If you spell out abracadabra their card is on the last A. It makes it a bit more magical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:53 am 
born to perform.

timtim6575 wrote:
Another one Lay people seem to know is the Slap the cards out of your hand I dont remeber what it is called But I always get a spectator saying do you know the trick where the magician slaps the cards out of your hands and the last card in there hand is there Card.I always Say yes Thats why I dont perform it! :lol: I for got what this is trickis called Does anybody know?Another Slieght in this effect is called the Glide I think.BUt if anyone remebers the name Of this crapy tirck plese post thanks.

penguin sells it, it is called "hitman" it's an instant download. I personally love the trick and always get great geactions. Just me though, im sure if you do it, you'll get the reactions too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

I can explain this much easier.... When done in the proper order witht the rows. i.e. when you gather up the the rows put the row with the spectators card in the middle between the other rows every time for 3 times.... Their card will always be the the 11th card.

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:22 pm 
Penguin

tuscan wrote:
"do you know the 52 card pickup" is a classic, and i actualy fell for it once

and someone slaped my invisible deck out of my hands once,,,,NOT GOOD

cmon how could u fall for that it kinda explains itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:53 pm 
born to perform.

Ya like if you use cards at all you should know what 52 pickup is. Thats something i would fall for when i was like 5 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:46 am 
Penguin

I learnt a similar trick - it uses 15 cards, in three piles (piles makes it a little less obvious).

Just before everyone figures it out, you deal the middle pack onto one of the indifferent packs so two cards are outjogged one way and three the other, and then put the other pack on top.

Pick up the whole lot and push the three cards down so they're square, then push the two up. Their card is pushed up, it looks quite cool.

I do the whole thing without looking at the faces of the cards, so everyone is waiting for me to tell them what their card is, and they are focusing on the fact that I can't see the faces, by the time I get to the climax, they forget that it was the old math trick...

I mainly do this trick for kids, but it's the old story - pick the trick for the circumstances, if you think the audience will buy it - do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:54 am 
born to perform.

After they show the 21 card Trick to you, blow them away with Andrew Winhurst's version of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:30 pm 
Penguin

Gerry Griffen shows how to do the 21 card trick on his Complete Card Magic DVDs and then shows 21 Card trick outdone on another where all you see is the backs of the cards. Its pretty cheap and corny but its fun after someone else does the 21 card trick.