View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:31 pm 
Penguin

a friend of mine knows this trick, he's some kind of a comedian, he does it sooooo funny. i saw him showing it to a few people, and he got some amazing responses!!! after the person says the group he's card is at, he just asid, i know that, just wanted to c if u were paying attantion!!! after he says that, he puts he's hand over the 3 piles, he says he's getting energies from the cards, after like 10 sec, he pick them up and do the order again. i always lmao when he does that trick, this only proved to me that any trick can get great responses, it only dependse in the way that u present the trick

Tomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:41 pm 
Penguin

timtim6575 wrote:
tuscan wrote:
"do you know the 52 card pickup" is a classic, and i actualy fell for it once

and someone slaped my invisible deck out of my hands once,,,,NOT GOOD
Its quit easy to put it back together I actually make my own Invisible decks All you have to remember is the simple concept of 13! 7+6 5+8 and so on !I hope that didnt reveal anything Im sure it didnt cause if you dont have the trick I dont think it would make much of any sence! :roll:

from reading that i just figured out the invisible deck lol but that's ok i'm too busy using brainwave deck to make my own invisible deck :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:42 am 
born to perform.

oh what ever you just said that cause I said ," I hope I didn't reveal anything!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:18 pm 
Penguin

lol so i was in the common room playing pool one day and a girl just walks in and says to someone do u wanna see a card trick, they say yeah, she does this 21 card trick and she was like WOOOOOOOOOW OMG OMG OMG!!! UR SUCH A GREAT MAGICIAN and i was stood there laughing at the situation to myself, but what really peed me off was when the girl who had it performed on her came back later, she had a whole CROWD of people following her JUST to see this magic trick and it was annoying cos it was bigger than any crowd i ever got :cry:
i was tempted to jump in and perform triumph or sumthing but nah, pool was more important ;)

lol so anyway, whats the maths principle behind this trick? i cant work out how it works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:02 am 
born to perform.

Nem wrote:
but what really peed me off

You should really work on getting some help for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:11 am 
born to perform.

I laughed out loud at this topic because it has happened to me so many times.

I finish a few tricks that astonish the spectators and all of the sudden some guy says, "I know a trick!"

Sure enough he puts 7 cards in each of the 3 rows and I pretend like I am interested.

Man I am glad I am not the only one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:19 am 
born to perform.

happened to me a few nights ago.. the guy calls it his psychic trick... i actually did this trick when i was little with 3 piles of 5 cards... i thought i was houdini...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:02 am 
born to perform.

Nem wrote:

[snip]
lol so anyway, whats the maths principle behind this trick? i cant work out how it works

Well, you put the long column with the selection in to the middle of the three columns when you pick the cards up. This puts the selection somewhere in the center of the twenty-one cards--between 8-14.

So, when you set the card down again the selection will fall somewhere in either the 3rd through the fifth three-card row. When they point to the column again, you have now narrowed the selection to one of three cards (or two). When you repeat the steps, the selection will always be one of the three cards in the middle row.

Not sure that this is really "math", but it is the principal. I think they are called "math" tricks, when any spectator, can take any deck and exactly repeat your steps, without any set up, and end up doing the same trick.

I think this is opposed to self-working tricks, which, although not requiring any slights, do require some secret set up to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:59 am 
Penguin

chrisrkline wrote:
Nem wrote:

[snip]

Well, you put the long column with the selection in to the middle of the three columns when you pick the cards up. This puts the selection somewhere in the center of the twenty-one cards--between 8-14.

So, when you set the card down again the selection will fall somewhere in either the 3rd through the fifth three-card row. When they point to the column again, you have now narrowed the selection to one of three cards (or two). When you repeat the steps, the selection will always be one of the three cards in the middle row.

Hmm..I thought the 27-card trick was similar to the 21-card one but apparently they're somewhat different.

For the 27-card trick and have the spectator select a card from one of the 27 and a number from 1-27 and have him/her tell you the number.

Deal the cards into 3 colums of 9, left to right, ask the spectator to indicate the column the chosen card is in, and collect back the cards. This step is repeated three times with the way the cards are collected back being as follows:

1st time: Divide the spectator's number by 3. If the remainder is 1, the column with the selected card goes on top of the pack (pack face down), if it is 2, it goes in the middle, and for 3, on the bottom.

2nd time: Add the digits of the chosen number. If the result is 1-3, column with the selected card goes on top of the pack, 4-6, in the middle and for 7-9, on the bottom. (There is one special case here if the chosen number is 19, it goes on top: 1+9=10, then 1+0=1)

3rd time: If the chosen number if from 1-9, column with the selected card goes on top of the pack, 10-18, the middle and 19-27, on the bottom.

When the cards are collected for the final time, the chosen card should be at the position of the chosen number and you can reveal it however you wish.

I'm not sure how this actually works but it does!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:22 pm 
Penguin

timtim6575 wrote:
Another one Lay people seem to know is the Slap the cards out of your hand I dont remeber what it is called But I always get a spectator saying do you know the trick where the magician slaps the cards out of your hands and the last card in there hand is there Card.I always Say yes Thats why I dont perform it! :lol: I for got what this is trickis called Does anybody know?Another Slieght in this effect is called the Glide I think.BUt if anyone remebers the name Of this crapy tirck plese post thanks.

Hey, I do that trick! Not in shows, I mean, but if someone gives me a deck of cards I'll do the 2 card monte and that trick. It gets good reactions. Do a pass or something to get the card to the bottom and then let them hold the deck and slap it from their hands. For some scientific reason the bottom card stays in their hands. Sorry, I don't kno the tricks name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:23 pm 
Penguin

timtim6575 wrote:
Another one Lay people seem to know is the Slap the cards out of your hand I dont remeber what it is called But I always get a spectator saying do you know the trick where the magician slaps the cards out of your hands and the last card in there hand is there Card.I always Say yes Thats why I dont perform it! :lol: I for got what this is trickis called Does anybody know?Another Slieght in this effect is called the Glide I think.BUt if anyone remebers the name Of this crapy tirck plese post thanks.

Hey, I do that trick! Not in shows, I mean, but if someone gives me a deck of cards I'll do the 2 card monte and that trick. It gets good reactions. Do a pass or something to get the card to the bottom and then let them hold the deck and slap it from their hands. For some scientific reason the bottom card stays in their hands. Sorry, I don't kno the tricks name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:19 pm 
born to perform.

Im not even sure that this is good enough to be called a trick. Like someone said, its just a maths formula.

Post subject: 4 X 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:19 pm 
Penguin

You can even do the 16 card trick where you lay our four rows of four cards. DUMB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:57 pm 
Penguin

It often happens that someone wants to show me a card trick. Invariably the 21 card trick. As with all long card tricks (this trick especially), I find the experiance to be extremely painfull. I exercise control and praise the performer on his accomplishment. It does wonders for my immage. The other alternative would be more fun. (See prop grabber)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:11 pm 
Penguin

If you want to see the principle of how this trick works, do as follows.

Deal out the standard three rows of seven.

Say you pick a card in the middle row: Just throw out the other two rows (this is basically what you are doing, since you know that the card is in the middle row now).

Now deal out the cards in three rows once again, but only with the pack of cards from the middle row.

See what row your card is in, and throw out the others. (Say that it is once again in the middle).

Now take the pack of 2-3 cards, and deal them out again. Name which "row" your card is in. So basically only one card can have the exact order as the chosen card, so you narrow it down to one card, by process of elimination. This is all disguised by keeping all three piles, instead of doing the trick as explained above, which makes the trick painfully obvious.