View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:00 am 
Penguin

Is Roy short for Roy Rogers? Because you sound like you are ready for a gunfight not a magic show.

My suggestion is that you take a little bit of time with the idea behind one of the effects. Modify it, so that it is completely different from anything that is out there now. If you create your own effect there is no way that someone will be able to tell the crowd how it is done... because only you will know. Try this idea with basic card tricks. For example spice up a basic david blaine DL, until there is so much going on that people forget about the DL. Have fun with it, start to create your own and take your magic to the next level.

Good luck, and leave the anger out of your act. Magic is supposed to be fun, if you start showing anger and frustration people will stop watching the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:18 am 
born to perform.

I posted this question ages ago and have allready overcome the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 am 
born to perform.

kloudorigin wrote:
Say somehting like "wow you know a lot about magic." and hand them a deck and ask them to do something...

I wouldn't recommend this because you may run the risk of having someone perform the classic 52 pick-up on you. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:42 am 
Penguin

i'd perform 'The Pea Can' trick it'll guarantee that they will be humilated b4 all of the ladies, hence they'll think twice bout blabbing at the mouth. If u really want to get them going, tell them u gonna show them some magic, but u really need to use the restroom badly. go in there, use really warm water and fill it for the Pea Can. Then go out and perform it for the heckler. He'll feel that warm liquid on his hands and scream. If u really can't stand a certain person, do the same in the bathroom, BUT use real pea to fill it up!! LOL!! Just make sure you're able to defend yourself cuz he might swing at ya!! But i guarantee the girls will laugh at him and will never shake or hold his yellow hand again!! tell me how it goes!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:05 am 
Penguin

Magic_Roy wrote:
I posted this question ages ago and have allready overcome the problem.

Your original post, was 2 months ago (end of Dec) and the last response before mine was one month ago (end of Jan)... where you get ages, I have no idea.

But I am glad to hear that you solved your problem. I hope you didn't off anyone in the process.

-C