View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: THE [edited] IS BACK!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

What's worse than the odd heckler combined with the guy who yells out 'How'd you do that' all to often..?
Well I don't know if you've met any of these kind of people who I've dubbed as the 'Know it alls' in the magic world. they're the kind who have read every magic book you have and have bought every Blaine effect from a website in an attempt to discover the secrets but never ever practise, learn (properly), and perform the magic for themselves. They are the kind who yell out 'I know this trick' to themselves and tell every one they meet (in silence) how the trick you did was done after your performance. They know and reveal your secrets but give them a deck and its like throwing a load of eggs and flour and yeast (still in the packet) into a bowl hoping for bread to just appear. they know the stuff, but they don't really know the STUFF...do you get what I'm saying here? The real magicians are the one's who whisk the eggs and prepare the yeast and stick it all in a oven for the exactly right amount of time.
Now do you understand????

It's not enough just knowing how the trick is done, you have to learn and teach yourself its workings in order to harness it. But still a know it all knows how its done and thinks that that makes them as skillfull as you are at the magic. And everyone they tell believes the same thing.

These guys are all over my school, ever since David Blaines street magic on TV and his other widely advertised magic they have all got on the internet and worked out how this magic was done thinking this stuff (killer street magic) was a really new thing. it's Not. Well they can ruin the magic for themselves if they must but why must they ruin it for you by revealing all your tricks workings to everyone????????
But one thing is for sure, I know that after every time I've encountered a know it all whose ruined my trick, I know that they'll be back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm 
born to perform.

The best way to get rid of these people is to perform something by Jay Sankey or a magician that isn't as well known as Blaine so that they can't get the tricks for free from the internet. Once they're blown away by a trick that they can't find on the internet, they might even believe in real magic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:26 pm 
born to perform.

Do invisible deck or paperclipped. THat'll shut 'em him real good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:02 pm 
born to perform.

I did do an Invisible deck trick, only to have the guy say 'Let's see the backs of the other cards then...' WHAT A SOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:36 pm 
born to perform.

Lets see, you can do Malone, or Wilson, or Ammar, or Sankey, or Harris, or go back a ways and do Vernon, or Hammon, or Marlo, or any of dozens of other magicians. I doubt that these people in school read all that much other than web sites dedicated to exposing Blaine tricks. I mean, really, are the kids pouring over the 120-dollar AOA series?

I agree that if someone "knows" how a trick is done, should shut up about it. But people are not like this in the real world, especially in the rough and tumble world of school. If someone knows the trick, ignore him and you will be surprised at how often the rest of the people will focus on you and not the heckler. If everyone knows the trick, do something else. If there are several who are jerks, don't do tricks when they are around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:42 am 
born to perform.

I kind of allready knew what you said, what I am really asking for is advice on spectators weak spots: Is it more effective to take out their legs with a bat or just punch them in the face really quickly. Perhaps I should use either the rifle or the 9mm. Desicions, decisions...

Thanks for the advice dudes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:13 am 
born to perform.

Magic_Roy wrote:
I kind of allready knew what you said, what I am really asking for is advice on spectators weak spots: Is it more effective to take out their legs with a bat or just punch them in the face really quickly. Perhaps I should use either the rifle or the 9mm. Desicions, decisions...

Maybe just get into a different profession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:24 pm 
Penguin

Say somehting like "wow you know a lot about magic." and hand them a deck and ask them to do something...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:22 am 
born to perform.

chrisrkline wrote:
Magic_Roy wrote:

Maybe just get into a different profession.

Yea. You sound like an assassin instead of a magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

WHO EDITED MY GENIUS TOPIC TITLE!
You should be ashamed of yourself, discraceful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

be quiet and read the rules...that word is so not appropreiate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:14 pm 
born to perform.

I know, that's why i put up some stars half way thru the word. And anyway....umm, nah that's it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

just do ur best trick and blow them away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:23 am 
born to perform.

yeah, blow them away with a shotgun. HAVE SOME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:03 pm 
Penguin

i do cardian angel after doing some other tricks.......but heres a tip..get the most uncommon name in the deck....and write on the little 2 of hearts saying ...SHUT UP...the heckler will think the cards and angels are talking to him lol!