View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:39 pm 
Penguin

I dont know where i picked this up, I probably saw someone else use this line, but it usually works fine.

Someone says "HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?!?" I say, "Well......can you keep a secret (my voice volume dropping as i lean forward, but loud enough for everyone to hear)?" They say, "YEAH!!" (This gets other people to lean in and get really interested. I pause a few seconds look left and right, then say, "So can I!" This always gets a good laugh and the person that asked usually feels a little embarassment but not enough that they hate me.

Other than that, when someone asks how I did that, the classic best line is, "If you thought THAT was good, you wont BELIEVE THIS!" It immediately gets people thinking there is something BETTER coming up that they wont want to miss."

Post subject: #1 rule
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:56 pm 
Penguin

magics #1 rule is not to share a secret, I've had friends litterally strangle me (not very good friends!) but reavealig the secre says that you are presenting it as a "trick", if you have good patter, and don't just show a trick and do the magic the audience will see it as entertainment, I've stopped doing magic for friends, but everyonce in awhile in the offbeat of a day, I won't say "want to see magic" but mabye if they have a drink, I'll grab the bottle cap, whan they want it back, I open my fist and it's gone. Youd learned the hard way, but never ever again reveal the secret! it just pisses me off! I don't care the circumstance, in a paid show situation, no one will say that, they are an audience there to enjoy entertainment. Just showing magic to friends can be dangerous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:40 am 
born to perform.

Omar becareful if you show the same person twice make sure you come off clean , and if they come out witha stupid line just act confused and try to make them look stupid :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:54 pm 
born to perform.

killerkey wrote:
Omar becareful if you show the same person twice make sure you come off clean , and if they come out witha stupid line just act confused and try to make them look stupid :twisted:

lol, good one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

I do the can you keep a secret? thing too, but instead of saying so can I, I say: "Don't tell anyone, but it's magic."

Anyways, if they ask you to teach them how to do a trick, just give them a ridiculous explanation, like for a color change, see that magnet up there in the ceiling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:20 pm 
Penguin

you all know that you love it when people ask you to do it again or teach them or when they tell you that they'll pay you.

well if they pay you enough tell them and get a better effect

and also if you are doning mind reading effects read up on the Yamacasie belief. thats what i tell people im using and they usually believe me. i was riding home on a bus from disneyland the other day and i told this girl that thats what i did and for 2 hours all she did was try and try to guess what card was chosen out of the deck. (i Forced the cards by the way) and it was great i couldnt stop laughing inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:24 pm 
Penguin

one more thing i did on the bus
i did the french drop with a quarter and acted like i was going to drop it in this girls hand but it was gone

any how she thought it was awesome slieght of hand and she asked me what i did with it i just begged her to give it back to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:00 am 
Penguin

I love that situation.

Weird isnt it?

Just sit down, think for a moment what you can say. Write a list with possible things to say. I would say something humorous as a out, funny lines are important... But shouldnt be overused, but just saying no isnt fun, theres tons of stuf to say..

---

No, but i can teach you how to boil a egg!
-
Do i look like a teacher?
-
Off course i can, but thats not the point.. Do you think i want to?
-
How much do you got? (If they respond) Naah, you need lots more...
-
No
-
No
-
NO!!!!!! *and throw a deck of cards in their face like my friend did.*

Tadaa!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:05 pm 
born to perform.

They say, "Can you teach me that?"

If you feel like you are a good teacher, you say, "Yes." Then walk away or go on to the next routine.

When they use the word "can," they are asking if it is possible for you to teach them. I believe the word they want is "would." Make a semantics lesson out their question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

just say no to "nosey people"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

I do something to friends who always yell out tricks that really shuts them up. I say: "If you dont stop yelling out/revealing the secret, Ill never do magic for you again. Works pretty well. :lol:

I have a friend who used to think it was OK to just say: "I saw that" or "Why are you holding 2 cards?" for no reason at all. Sometimes I wasnt even holding 2 cards, but when I told them my little line, they stopped.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:26 pm 
born to perform.

I taught someone a double-lift and it was so crappy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:00 am 
Penguin

Pick a trick to "teach" them that will make them never wanna ask you to again. I perfer a trick called "B.S. 101" do some research and you can find the video. I guess I can't post it, so it's up to you, but it's worth the research.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:28 am 
born to perform.

Hmm.. what i did was "i place the "chosen card" in the spec hand, and before i can take the second card to "switch" it, he turn over the card, well i had to pretend that i was amazed and i said "HOW DID YOU DO THAT" Well that solve people from asking me How did i do that over and over again.

But still if your friend is a magician, try to see if he needs any help but limit yourself on your teaching to your fellow magicians, they need to learn and know more themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:28 pm 
Penguin

i ussually say no and do another trick or walk away