View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Most ridiculous explaination
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Spectators often make wild guesses on how a trick is done. Out of all those explainations, which one is the most ridiculous?

This is mine:

I did the invisble deck to my cousin one day and after flipping over his named card, he was stunned. He thought that the deck was sound activated and when I named the card out loud the card would flip over in the deck...I just shook my head and put my cards away trying to hold in my laughter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:25 pm 
born to perform.

i hate it when peps try to guess how you did it, theyre never right, and they truly believe that they are right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:41 pm 
Penguin

when i didnt know how to do the invisible deck i thought the explanation was the same as your cousin's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The Raven:
My freind Donna was telling everyone about my insane sleight abilities.

Ambitious Card:
All the cards are the same. So sweet when you hand them the deck of cards after you perform.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Same thing happens to me for the raven...they keep saying that they can feel the coin being lifted by never saw my fingers reach down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:54 pm 
Penguin

classic force
all cards were the same

raven
"you threw it on the floor!" or "it went up your sleeves" when i frickin didn't HAVE ANY...

magic stop lights
"you took it off and stuck it on the other one"

that one trick oz did 2nd in the art of astonishment demo
"you have that invisible string stuff i saw in vegas"...wth? invisible string used to flip a card...

pen through dollar
"lemme try that" and the guy frickin REALLY put not one but THREE holes in the dollar with my pen... lucky it wasnt my dollar

Post subject: Response
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

PYro Perception: "You have a machine in your pocket that puts a plastic thing on your finger, and when it gets hot, it looks like a blister."

Optical Bend(Mind Bender): "Thats one of those Friction Spoons that when you rub it bends."

Tip of the Tongue: "You swallowed the card before the trick!'
(This one I don't understand, if I swallowed the card before the trick, how did they pick it and sign it.) :shock:

The Matrix: (Typical Spec Solution) "Thats easy, your just sliding them across." Which was funny. This one time this kid thought he would be funny and put his hand in the middle of the four cards. I told him that I wouldn't be responsibe for any damage. And that he might ruin the trick. I did it and he freaked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

I performed the Vanishing Hanky on a friend with my sleeves down, he thought it was cool but claimed I just had it up my sleeve.

I pulled my sleeves up and reproduced it right in front of his face. He then says "Well, I still think that it was up your sleeve."

Ya that makes sense, the hanky went up my sleeve even though my slevs were rolled up... :roll:

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:08 pm 
Penguin

stealth pen - "you switched the dollars" (after he signed it)
stripper deck - "you had one of those pinky break thingies, i know about that stuff" (after she shuffled)

Post subject: Re: Most ridiculous explaination
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:19 pm 
Penguin

Ninjax wrote:
I did the invisble deck to my cousin one day and after flipping over his named card, he was stunned. He thought that the deck was sound activated and when I named the card out loud the card would flip over in the deck...I just shook my head and put my cards away trying to hold in my laughter

Isn't that how it works? lol
No, everyone knows it's not voice activated... you have to type in their selected card in an invisible keyboard located at the back of the card case. That's how it works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:49 pm 
born to perform.

some ppl actually guessed stealth pen, but i give it to them and they have no evidence..... :twisted:

the most ridiculous explanation: It's magic...

Post subject: Re: Response
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:04 am 
born to perform.

ZKrawler wrote:
The Matrix: (Typical Spec Solution) "Thats easy, your just sliding them across." Which was funny. This one time this kid thought he would be funny and put his hand in the middle of the four cards. I told him that I wouldn't be responsibe for any damage. And that he might ruin the trick. I did it and he freaked.

:lol: I can relate to that one. Heck, that was the method I came up with the first time I saw it. "He slides it over at the speed of light!"

When I do coin vanishes and pull the coin from my own shoe, the specs say I slipped the coin into a secret pocket and it slid down my pant leg and into the back of my shoe. One time they searched my pockets for about fifteen minutes before they realized I was wearing regular pants. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:50 am 
Emperor Penguin

jamberry wrote:
ZKrawler wrote:

:lol: I can relate to that one. Heck, that was the method I came up with the first time I saw it. "He slides it over at the speed of light!"

When I do coin vanishes and pull the coin from my own shoe, the specs say I slipped the coin into a secret pocket and it slid down my pant leg and into the back of my shoe. One time they searched my pockets for about fifteen minutes before they realized I was wearing regular pants. :)

Heh. I hope they were female. ;) Otherwise that could be quite uncomfortable to deal with for 15 minutes. ;)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:56 am 
born to perform.

wayno wrote:
jamberry wrote:
ZKrawler wrote:

Heh. I hope they were female. ;) Otherwise that could be quite uncomfortable to deal with for 15 minutes. ;)

8)

darn, u got to saying that first... o well, anyways, it might be a little uncomfortable if they were female too... cmon, it's your pants!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:46 am 
born to perform.

wayno wrote:
Ambitious Card:
All the cards are the same. So sweet when you hand them the deck of cards after you perform.

8)

To be honest, that's how I do my amitious card... but then topit deck switch :)