View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:49 am 

Yeah but one thing that tops ambitious card routine is the fact the card is 'signed'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:01 pm 
Penguin

most ridiculous ever
color monte: its a magnet obviously

the one thing I hate about specs guessing is that, evden though they are often wrong, the explanations make sense to other people (like that it could work that way) and then they just think that is how you do it.
That especially sucks when your trying to impress your boss, girlfriend etc.!!!!
Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:27 pm 
Penguin

I did a party for these folks who were paying me really well, and one older kid in the group (he was like 15) made explanations for EVERY effect I did. Every one. I even read this kid's mind telling him who he was thinking of, their name, where they work, their phone number, and his relationship to them, and that kid had some overblown idea on how I met this kid before the party (they were all in the pool when I arrived), then went to his house and met with his mother and interviewed her, then came back before anyone saw and yadda yadda. I HATED that kid, but I looked for a blessing in disguise:

I've learned that if that spectator is in a group, I will work with everyone but him or her, which after two or three effects in an hour long show (my usual parlour show length) gets them antsy. Then when they speak up, everyone else is on my side and the explainer looks like a jackanus. You don't have to consciously do anything besides ignore them, but knowing that by focusing on the people that are along for the ride you'll get them on your side will give you a TON of confidence...

Pj

Post subject: Re: Most ridiculous explaination
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:29 pm 
born to perform.

MagicalSeducer wrote:
Ninjax wrote:
I did the invisble deck to my cousin one day and after flipping over his named card, he was stunned. He thought that the deck was sound activated and when I named the card out loud the card would flip over in the deck...I just shook my head and put my cards away trying to hold in my laughter

Isn't that how it works? lol
No, everyone knows it's not voice activated... you have to type in their selected card in an invisible keyboard located at the back of the card case. That's how it works!

HE7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Read the rules no expsoing

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

My mom sat there and held my Alchemist's Phantasy coins in her hand thinking that her heat will be able to change the colors of the coins. It was great.

Also people thought my Chameleon coins were heat activated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

Before I Even Do The Trick, And I Take A Deck Out:

Oh I know this one! :D

After I'm Done:

Huh!? :? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:05 pm 
Penguin

Yeah True! :lol: Whenever i do a trick for my friends, right after i take the deck out of the box, they say " Oh i know this one..). But at the end they be like "Ohhhh.. Ahhhh...". LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

yea that really bugs the crap out of me when i just get the deck out and someone will say oh i know this one.....gaw that bugs me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:02 pm 
Penguin

i took out a pair of rubber bands and they say "oh i know this one but i can't do it" and then they show me after i do the trick and it's so wrong...the bands start flying everywherea nd they ask for extras

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:24 pm 
Penguin

I Did card to mouth for some eight year old girl and when she finally saw her card (it was a 5 of spades) in my mouth she tells me i have two. I say, here look throught the deck. She pulls out the diamonds, clubs, and hearts while saying, "Here's one, here's one...."

I did card to mouth for one of my friends. And he goes, "What the, oh, you hid it in your nose!" I couldn't tell if he was joking or not but it was sooo funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:26 pm 
Penguin

My brother performed invisible deck for his friends and one of them said "Oh, you have 1 deck for every card" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:27 pm 
born to perform.

A lot of people say the diamonds in color monte change color....

Post subject: jh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:03 pm 
Penguin

i hate it when they say an answer that would work and you have to tell everyone that it doesnt work like that :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:05 pm 
born to perform.

for 2 card monte

you have a deck of all the same card

disclaimer: i dont know what they were talking about and frankly i dont wanna know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:05 pm 
born to perform.

The biggest problme is when they explain it in a way that does make sense when you are desperate to find a way to make the magic possible. Then everyone around and that person convicne themselves and believe thats how it's done. The big problem is all yuo can do is say "Nope" Maybe sometimes be able to redo the trick to prove it not doen that way, but the only way to really prove it is to show the real method. That's always made me mad.

-- B.M.