View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: im so discouraged with stealth pen..it never worked for peep
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:51 pm 
Penguin

heres wut happened.. i did stealth pen and i wuz just about to pull the pen out of the bill..but then the head the magnet part like shot off like a rocket and everyone around seen it..i had it perfect when i wuz practicing..but when it came to people like under pressure to do it..it failed..so now im really scared of doing it infront of people..anyone got any sujesstions..on wut to do.. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

Pull sideways not upwards or downwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:35 pm 
Penguin

meilechl has good advice for you there. That method works well, and so might this:

With the pen penetrating the bill, point the pen (the tip) in the direction of the spec, holding the bill with your other hand. Now pull the bill towards your body while pushing the pen forwards towards the spectator. This is more or less the same idea as pulling it sideways, except it appears like you're pushing the pen through the bill when done swiftly.

This works better for me than say, pulling the pen towards MY body and moving the bill in their direction. I can do this as well, but it's hit and miss a lot of the time.

The success rate on the first method I mentioned above works more or less all of the time. Since you're naturally pushing the body of the pen towards the tip as opposed to away from it, it should not 'jump' off as easily.

Don't get discouraged. You'll get used to performing "under pressure." Try not to work yourself up over this, or especially when you perform this next time. Worrying about it will only make you more prone to handling the pen in a way that'll lead you to another accident.

A few more tips:

Use a crisp, fairly new bill. Avoid wrinkled, heavily folded bills.

If you use the method I mentioned above, DO NOT point the tip towards their faces. Because if something does go wrong again, they'll be a lot more upset over a sharp object penetrating their eye or face than the fact that the trick didn't work. (Point it towards them, but at a downwards angle. This works twofold. Less chance of maiming them...and plus they still get a good viewing angle on the pen going through the bill, before you penetrate it)

Lastly... And I've thought about doing this. You could always try and replace the gimmicks in the pen for more powerful ones. Ones that would assure a very tight grip during the penetration. Of course, this could also work against you if they were too powerful.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 am 
born to perform.

I'd just like to add that for the handling, watch Oz in the demo. He does an excellent routine there. The second time he does it, it really looks like the pen's going through the bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:52 am 
born to perform.

heres what i do and it works for me...
point the tip toward the spec. hold the pen from behind the bill w/ your right hand. hold the bill only by your thumb and index fingur on the long edge farthest from the pen. now here i push the bill forward and hold the pen still. i also seem to think older wrinkled bills work better.
this is just my opion and if HeathenAx's method works for you then go w/ that. i just thought i would put my method out their.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

you really are a magic poof! j/k

if you just stay calm when doing the stealth pen then youll be fine, i find this happens when i do it,,,,,wierd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:56 pm 
Penguin

thankx guys...ill try wut i can..ive been watching oz and them do like all pen thru dollar tricks and i think im going to try and mimic them..i mean the one that works tho..but thanks agian guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:01 am 
Penguin

I have found that pulling the pen towards you (while the tip is facing the spectator) and at the same time pulling the bill sidways works really well and looks smooth!