View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How would you handle this?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:04 pm 
Penguin

Lets say you riffle down the deck and have a spectator select a card (no force) You ask the spectator to place the card back on top of where you cut in hopes of catching a pinky break and controlling their card. However, the spectator insists on sliding the card somewhere in the middle of the lower packet thus truly losing their card.

Although this has yet to happen to me it will eventually so does anyone have any suggestions? Or if this has happened to you what did you do?

Post subject: Re: How would you handle this?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:20 pm 
Penguin

[quote="[edited]"]Lets say you riffle down the deck and have a spectator select a card (no force) You ask the spectator to place the card back on top of where you cut in hopes of catching a pinky break and controlling their card. However, the spectator insists on sliding the card somewhere in the middle of the lower packet thus truly losing their card.

Although this has yet to happen to me it will eventually so does anyone have any suggestions? Or if this has happened to you what did you do?[/quote]

No spectator can ever ever ever ever push a card into a deck in your hands completely flush. If they put it where you don't want it and startto push it in flush, pull the deck backward, and say thank you, or something funny like, "no, not there!". As you square up, get a pinky break with the assistance of your fingers at the front of the deck (because that's where it's outjogged) I can't describe that adequately, but you can figure it out. Now do a pass or overhand shuffle to bring it to the top or bottom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 pm 
Penguin

Okay, thanks for the respose. Thinking about it a little, your right, you can always pull the cards away before it is in there flush. But lets say something goes wrong and you lose their card. Maybe your pinky slips out of the break or whatever. You are holding the deck of cards and have no idea where there card is. How do you get out of that and save face at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:08 pm 
born to perform.

like Bravesaint said, "What did you expect? Magic?" Or if you don't want to joke about it.....you should force a card and just in case, have a copy of the force in your pocket so you have backup...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:41 am 
born to perform.

that or use the old invisible deck "escape from failure" method...

show that their card has appeared face down in a separate deck...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:52 am 
Penguin

Yes, I like the invisible deck out. Very clever and you will still end up blowing them away. I guess this is good reason to have an invisible deck in your back pocket at all times!!

Problem solved, thanks alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

The Invisible Deck is better then brainwave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:40 pm 

I usually riffle the cards one by one from my left hand falling into my right and I tell them to call out stop wherever they want. They place the card in, I catch a break, and control it from there. This way there is nothing fishy, and they feel like they've had a fair chance to place it anywhere they want to into the deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:59 am 
born to perform.

another idea is if u forced the card in the first place, it wouldnt matter too much about them tryin to lose their card... just kinda go thru the cards, showin them clearly that their card is lost in the middle... and when u see their card, catch a break and make a pass or do whatever u want to accomplish the effect u were tryin...

while spreadin thru the cards...
"its lost... in fact, i think u got me there, i really didnt see that coming..."

after makin the pass... do a snap change...
"but then again, u probably didnt expect this..."

proceed to ur routine...

EDIT: by the way, i say those words in a joking tone... dont ever come across harshly on any spectator...